Status
Not open for further replies.

Sway

Ruby and Python are married.
Dec 19, 2010
6dyh34.png
13z28he.jpg

286wmlu.png

"Welcome to Project Dual. Project Dual is a slightly old project which consists of multiple developments. It aims to bring you an amazing gaming experience and entertainment for whatever you will use our developments for. Having the most professional developers, we ensure you maximum satisfaction."

Project Dual not only aims to give you the best gaming experience, but aims to give it to you, two times! Our administration consists of adults who are the absolute best at what they do. Project Dual consists of content management systems, all types of programs, from games to applications and emulators. Our main focus is to introduce to you content management systems and emulators for Habbo.

2uz5apw.png

We promise you not only absolute satisfaction, but complete stablization of the products we offer. We're not a project that simply copies off other things and merges it all together, we promise orginality. We also guarantee that you will love our stuff, and if you don't, that is too bad as we worked our butts off developing it, just for you (seriously). We promise that we will change the way people view developments, not only for Habbo, but for everything else we are capable of doing. We promise you that our developments for Habbo, such as this one, can make any other CMS development look like an ant.

29m64p5.png

Our development team consists of a small group of individuals. Each have knowledge in the areas needed to provide you the product.

Sway is one of our few developers. He has knowledge in PHP, Python, and C#.
Byron is another one of our few developers, he has mastered the language of PHP, and knows some Python and C# along with it.

Steve is the last of our developers and he knows a great amount of PHP, Python and C#.
Joe is the designer guy, he knows plenty of CSS.

ohn79j.png

We understand your desperation, and we also understand that you may be tired of seeing all of these content management systems, all the same or just a simple rename of another one. We find that annoying too, and we completely understand. That's why we put together DualCMS, a content management system, not based off anything at all, for Habbo retros. This CMS focuses more on ease of control and security than any other thing in it. Some of the features will be written below.

Implemented SSO Ticket prevents hackers from hijacking a users session. Upon the user logging in, the user will be given a ticket he wont know that he has received, and the ticket will stay active until he logs out of the session.

All information regarding a user is salted and hashed. The CMS will use md5 and sha1 and it will be salted. So for the rare chances that your database gets hacked, the hacker wont be able to retrieve any personal information regarding the user, like the passwords. That's if, they happen to crack it. If they can crack that, they can crack a bank's vault.

• OOP
  • OOM
  • MySQLi
  • PHP 5
  • Fast Template System
  • Fast Website Loading
  • Page Caching
  • Extensively Secured
  • Noob Friendly
  • PDF Documentation & Manuals
  • Troubleshooting & Maintenance

• Tags & Tag Wars

• Groups
  • Group Editing

• Pages
  • Page Editing

• Messaging System
  • Discussion Board

• Installation System
  • Plugin System
  • Housekeeping
  • Language System
  • Automatic Database Backups
  • Functions
  • Template Creator
  • Page Editor
  • Simple Frontend
  • Easy to View & Edit
  • Whole New UI
  • & more

• PHP
  • jQuery
  • HTML
  • CSS
  • SQLi
  • OOP
  • OOM

• & the list can go on forever.

10zv9sp.png

It all practically started from HoloCMS, which was a big deal in 2007.
Then it was PHPRetro. Then it was UberCMS. Then it was RevCMS.

The revolution starter was HoloCMS and UberCMS, both created by Meth0d.
How come PHPRetro and RevCMS weren't really revolution starters (even though RevCMS is named RevolutionCMS)?

Well, PHPRetro was based off HoloCMS and RevCMS was kind of based from UberCMS.
Today, we're going to change that. DualCMS is going to start a new revolution in the Habbo community.

Let me start off with a few points that I'd like all of you to see:

Also, I downloaded Rev 3.0 for the first time and I wonder why did that take you one year?
It has nothing but renamed folders to make it look professional, slightly cleaner code and an MVC framework. It's the same thing as RevCMS 1.9, you honestly just pulled an Apple.

I'll give you a list of everything you added in one year:

MVC Framework
Tags

I don't think people should move from 1.0 to 3.0 unless they want tags.
It's the same thing.

Can you answer my question?
Why did it take you one year to do that then think that you're better than people who actually studied this shit and want to have a legit profession in it for the rest of their lives?

You only develop for Habbo, that's like Physics in High School, it's not even 2% of Physics. Don't be biased and shit, you develop for Habbo, Habbotards love it, they think you're a PHP god, blah blah blah. Others, however, develop for bigger shit because they have the skill to develop for bigger shit, and they know that with their skill, if they develop something for Habbo it'll give Habbotards orgasms because they say "Oh, this is the best CMS in the Habbo community? How is this possible? Let me give this community 5% of my skill and they'll jizz all over their screen!"

Seriously.
Thanks,

The development team, each and every developer in it, has went to school for this. We know what we're doing and we were amazed to see that the best thing in town is RevCMS. We wanted to give each and every one of you 5% of our skill and make you get amazed from it. We then wanted to use 50% of our skill if we decide to make another CMS. We honestly want to please everyone with this development, and hopefully we will.

Featuring the all new Housekeeping, called DualCP.

DualCP
introduces an all new and complete administrator user interface for you and your staff members.
Features are outlined below.

• Plugin System
You can download plugins straight off DualCP and it'll automatically install onto your CMS, without you having to get on the
server and do it yourself. The community can make plugins, we review it, we add it to the marketplace. This will also be
used to update the CMS so you can save the hassle of going on the forums and downloaded a new build.

That's right, you heard it (hopefully) here first. We have coded our very own plugin system, much like SVN, but much easier to use. There will be a database and an API. We will upload files to the database, the API will read it and send it to the Plugins section in the Housekeeping. From there, you can choose to download the plugin or not. This is also usefull because if there's an exploit after release or a bug, we can patch it without having to release another build of the CMS.

The community will also be able to code their own small plugins, submit it to us, we review it and analyze it, and if you want, you're able to download it and have it setup on your CMS, without you touching a thing.

• Page Editing
We understood what the word CMS means and we want you to manage your content as easy as possible. We are the first
ones to introduce page editing. From DualCP, you can edit any page on your hotel, simple and secured. You then save it
and the file automatically updates.

• Social Network
We're not talking about Facebook or MySpace, we're talking about your own miniature social networking system, you can
talk to fellow staff members, see their staff profiles, instantly message them, and more.

• Secured
When you make something like DualCP, which controls everything on the server, even the website, the first thing you need
to focus on is securing it. If you don't secure it well enough, your whole website and server can be done. We did think
about this and we're pleased to say that DualCP is the most secured content management administration panel that we've
ever seen, in the Habbo community and out.

Those were just a few of the many features DualCP introduces. We hope you like it, because when you get to actually use it, you'll love it.

290v5l3.png

We're implementing tags, messaging and website forums. Have you ever heard of the good old discussion board HoloCMS introduced? Yep, that's back. It'll have every feature this forum has, but in a miniature version, pre installed for your website. Minimail is also back and tags will be implemented on DualCMS too.

Did I mention Groups and Homes?
Oh, yes I did. We're implementing groups to be fully compatible with Phoenix 3.9.0 and group editing as well. You can create your own badges, edit your groups home page, make a group, delete a group, report a group, block a group from posting on the discussion board, and stuff like that. Same features apply for homes.

Messaging System will be optimized to today's times and will feature an instant messaging system too. You can send pictures, texts, and more. We honestly hope you love this new feature.

You can create tags, remove tags, have tag wars with the dogs and such, so awesome.

The Installation System will be completely noob friendly too,
NOTE THIS IS JUST THE INSTALLATION GUIDE, YOU WILL DELETE IT ONCE YOU COMPLETE IT.

xrbcw.jpg

(we still have to finish it up, the installation system)

We will be releasing public beta to this forum quite soon, please keep in mind that the beta will not have everything completed.
We are in need of people who can create templates for us. Credits will be given to you and it'll come pre installed on the CMS.
We are also pleased to say that our CMS will make our competitors look like stepped on dog shit and Aaron likes us.
That is all,

Team Dual
6dyh34.png

[SCREENIES AND UPDATES WILL BE POSTED, NOT EDITED ON THE THREAD]

Zak

Posting Freak
Mar 12, 2011
May i ask why you are editing Team Rev's logo?

You complain how it took RevCMS 1 year to complete and stuff, yet you most likely not even understand half the code. In that 1 year span there is holidays, learning (school and exams) Btw The whole architecture of RevCMS 3.0 was changed so what the fuck are you on about kid, renamed folders... Tags? Are you that stupid? Look in the CMS development thread and look at the posts/updates. Did it show he was working on tags for the year? No... Another suggestion for you, go to spec savers kid.

For someone who complains about another CMS. They should firstly learn how to use Photoshop to at least edit a logo. Oh wait your so great, you should be able to do your own Logo?

Here's my logo

Ua0KpdtNuGUz.png

1337 shit right there gentlemen!

You wanna take us on, because your jealous of RevCMS???
Then code properly and drop your fucking balls kid.

Sledmur

Web-Developer
Nov 29, 2011
my god, your the most ignorant person on this forum.

rev didn't pull an apple, and you just basically said your the god of the retro community. nice job on pissing everyone off

Sway

Dec 19, 2010
I knew shit was going to start the minute I put in the word "RevCMS" on my thread.
This specific development thread is a joke, hence the badly edited RevCMS logo.
The thread title says "LOL" and I knew this was coming. I scribbled RevCMS and added DualCMS, and that's quite disrespectful, but worth the reactions.

I do respect RevCMS, Kryptos, and Adil.
RevCMS is the reason why we're even doing this development, the simplicity and professionalism of it is a +1 and we wanted to make it simple and professional, at the same time making it better than our inspiration.

I do apologize to "Team Rev".
Zak is still an asshole, has been since *****, but you are in the development, so sorry.

Calling us "kids" and "worthless" and "losers" is not really helping the situation, because we are not kids, calling someone worthless is legit mean and we certainly aren't losers, at least in real life. Getting education for something makes you better than someone who hasn't received any education at all for that something. We're simply sharing some of our knowledge and experience in the web development area in the Habbo community. If you don't like me after or if you didn't like me before this all happened, that's chill. However, that does not change how this development will work, and Kryptos is saying that this development itself isn't better than RevCMS 1.0.. just wait until it releases. I want to shut each and every member of Team Revolution.

We also want you to know that we're kicking this Habbo shit off the Project Dual name once we make other developments we have in mind, including an Action RPG. We do plan on releasing another CMS (probably called QuadCMS), and you all hating or saying shit to try and put me down wont change that.

I apologize again.
Also, I want you all to read and analyze what this guy said, I agree with everything he says.

I thought I ought to give my feedback on this as I am a professional web developer and designer working at very respectful studio in my part of town.

Firstly, I agree with all of you who say that most so-called 'developers' do not know a thing about PHP in terms of a programming language, and do not fully understand how it works or even know some of the technical buzzwords. I have, yet, to come across someone from this scene who actually understands and uses JavaScript to actually improve UX, and create jazzy UIs. I mean, c'mon, surely you'll be using AJAX to improve the noob's life? And no, old school developers, not the hacky way, the XHR way.

Secondly, I do not think security should be your major concern. Hackers are out looking to making money, not taking over a fake Habbo Hotel. Of course, all systems that allow the user, at some point, to intervene with a SQL query should be sanitised, and filtered; but, this is not even security, it is just the basics when it comes to using MySQL and other RDBMS's.

Thirdly, OOP is a complete overhead if it is not applied to a project properly. I did not see a mention of MVC (Model-View-Controller), which is a surprise considering you're using OOP. These two programming and engineering software techniques work like a charm together, again, if designed properly. So, it seems you will already hamper any developers wanting to expand on it as they have to work around what looks like a quite strict system. Whereas, MVC is universal, and in a nutshell, it simply splits two important aspects of web development in general apart, and allows the back-end and front-end guys to work without actually coming into contact with either's territory. If you are using OOP and creating some sort of 'API', then you must have really good documentation -- well, at least, that's what I would want -- man user right here!

In terms of a smooth deployment, it also depends on the server's configuration. Not everyone can afford to purchase their own space, and have to go with shabby hosts. How does your noob-friendly installation thingy compensate for botched configurations or missing modules (ie mysql)? How do you tackle physical path addressing for Windows and *NIX machines? I could go on and on; but hey, you said it would be noob-friendly!

Fourthly, what's with the attacking attitude? Why don't you all work together and create a bad-ass CMS? I am all in for competition, but this is hardly a competitive area. Just a bunch of kids looking for reputation and to grow their ego. It is just a playground for 12-year-old script kiddies. So, if you all join together, you might learn a thing or two from the actual software developers and build the next big CMS for Habbo retros at the same time. Remember, if you hope to get a job in this industry, it could be something you could drop in your portfolio. Employers love it. Trust me.

Kryptos, I cannot say I know who you are, you seem to know your stuff, but I think what you said is very harsh. Come down from the high horse. That is no way to encourage your fellow programmers, especially if you're for open source. I kind of understand the arrogance and self-proclamations since they did attack your project, but that is surely not the way to go being as you are a PHP 'God'. You should be herding your children into the light of success. Young grass hoppers. Not everyone can afford a formal education or hours dabbling with programming like you seem to have done unless you were sent down to Earth to relief PHP programmers all over the world the need to write a line at all. What am I trying to say? There's way better programmers around the corner. Watch out; they might be that good...

You all know something, and it might be something you can contribute together. Maybe I am in the wrong area, but if you are going to preach about open source, do it right and work together to create something from rewrites, long nights of programming challenges, and technical headaches.

As for the 'security' measure of protecting their server while the CMS is not installed, what is stopping someone from actually editing their hosts file? And for those from the *NIX hood, might not have 'localhost' in their hosts file. You should rely on 127.0.0.1 as it is always at least guaranteed to point to some server as it is the loopback address. What if this CMS is being installed on a shared server? Your neighbours can access the installation, surely? As I said, spend more time on wowing your users rather than thinking you're solving security issues. I assure you, an actual hacker is rarely going to stumble upon a RevCMS-powered website or maybe a DualCMS-powered website or be motivated to a point of actually spending hours enumerating your server and planning an attack for a shiny badge.

And my God, Habbo is still going? I heard a lot of embarrassing statements about Sulake and their flagship product in the media.

I am looking forward to seeing the development progress, and wish you all the best. I would like to be one of first to test it, if you know what I mean. And... if I have the time, I might want to jump on board. PM me, and we'll chat maybe? Rant over, and wow, my first post!

Sorry,
Sway.

Sledmur

Web-Developer
Nov 29, 2011
I knew shit was going to start the minute I put in the word "RevCMS" on my thread.
The thread title says "LOL" and I knew this was coming. I scribbled RevCMS and added DualCMS, and that's quite disrespectful, but worth the reactions.

RevCMS is the reason why we're even doing this development, the simplicity and professionalism of it is a +1 and we wanted to make it simple and professional, at the same time making it better than our inspiration.

Zak is still an asshole, has been since *****, but you are in the development, so sorry.

Calling us "kids" and "worthless" and "losers" is not really helping the situation, because we are not kids, calling someone worthless is legit mean and we certainly aren't losers, at least in real life. Getting education for something makes you better than someone who hasn't received any education at all for that something. We're simply sharing some of our knowledge and experience in the web development area in the Habbo community. If you don't like me after or if you didn't like me before this all happened, that's chill. However, that does not change how this development will work, and Kryptos is saying that this development itself isn't better than RevCMS 1.0.. just wait until it releases. I want to shut each and every member of Team Revolution.

We also want you to know that we're kicking this Habbo shit off the Project Dual name once we make other developments we have in mind, including an Action RPG. We do plan on releasing another CMS (probably called QuadCMS), and you all hating or saying shit to try and put me down wont change that.

I apologize again.
Also, I want you all to read and analyze what this guy said, I agree with everything he says.
Your far from a proffesional web developer if your on here.

Sway

Dec 19, 2010
Your far from a proffesional web developer if your on here.

I'll say it again, if you haven't read the thread.
We came here and saw that RevCMS was the shit at the moment, and we wanted you all to see that there can be better, therefore we made DualCMS.

Gamma comes out October 5th.

Sledmur

Web-Developer
Nov 29, 2011
I'll say it again, if you haven't read the thread.
We came here and saw that RevCMS was the shit at the moment, and we wanted you all to see that there can be better, therefore we made DualCMS.

Gamma comes out October 5th.
Rev isn't shit. Rev is da revolution, if you don't like it, please proceed to the exit door.

chiefqueef

gooby pls
Jan 8, 2012

I apologize again.

Sorry,
Sway.
TL;DR: i r sorry i disrespect teh revcms . i so leet we wil b better, rev y u renem folders

Sway

Dec 19, 2010
I also want to quote Adil.

Just because you went to school for something doesn't mean you're good at it.

Seriously?
That's really ignorant.
If you pay thousands to learn something, your ass better be good afterwards.

Zak

Posting Freak
Mar 12, 2011

I apologize again.

Sorry,
Sway.

You say it like i have no education nor life?

I'm going uni in a month and a few days lol.

Ass hole? Joke? The only joke here is you, call me all you want lol e-words don't do fuck all to me.

Leader

github.com/habbo-hotel
Aug 24, 2012
Ey, Jumping on a thread after being inactive for a long time #Pro but...
This cms development is actually really amazing, It's sad to see how everyone in the "Team Rev" development team are hating on this thread, But on the second hand you were asking for it with the edited Rev logo for jokes. Most of this thread is full of spam, Most people just want the features listed and some pictures not "what it is" and stuff like that.Keep on with this cms, It has my eye on it!

Sledmur

Web-Developer
Nov 29, 2011
Ey, Jumping on a thread after being inactive for a long time #Pro but...
This cms development is actually really amazing, It's sad to see how everyone in the "Team Rev" development team are hating on this thread, But on the second hand you were asking for it with the edited Rev logo for jokes. Most of this thread is full of spam, Most people just want the features listed and some pictures not "what it is" and stuff like that.Keep on with this cms, It has my eye on it!
If people want features, they can make them theirselves. This project is a joke, made by a joke.

Leader

github.com/habbo-hotel
Aug 24, 2012
If people want features, they can make them theirselves. This project is a joke, made by a joke.
See, most people in the habbo community are nothing but retards...See everyone wanting to be in the retro scene takes another cms mostly, buys a phoenix license and gets other people to do the hard work. Thats why Rev is out there, Uber is out there, and now this. There all by people who are wanting to help the retro community and just get better at coding..

Sledmur

Web-Developer
Nov 29, 2011
See, most people in the habbo community are nothing but retards...See everyone wanting to be in the retro scene takes another cms mostly, buys a phoenix license and gets other people to do the hard work. Thats why Rev is out there, Uber is out there, and now this. There all by people who are wanting to help the retro community and just get better at coding..
None of them are even remotely bothered to learn how to script, let alone code. People who are in the retro scene, theirs about %10 who dont piss me the fuck off. 90% are kids who have retarded parents who allow them to buy a fucking server and start a retro. /rant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread