PC Online Chat Roleplaying Idea

Kieren

The OGz
Aug 4, 2010
(Was unsure what section to put this under but seeing as its a actual game idea I thought it would be suitable for this section).

I was just wondering last night if anyone has ever thought of taking a leaf out of Sulakes book and Minecrafts and tried to start their own online gaming community. The idea of the game is to introduce a Roleplaying community that allows;

• Custom Charectors
  • Official Job Market
  • Roleplaying Features
  • Private Messages/Gaming
Sounds like Habbo I know, but taking it away from that completely by introducing a whole different intereface, Charector art, server and client created from scratch with a complete different idea.

It would cost?
You would need coders, graphic designers animation software the full work but do you think it’ll work?

Last edited:

Jeffrey

Devbest Indian Tech Support
FindRetros Moderator
Feb 5, 2013
My CS club was thinking of developing a long term project, and its sort of similar to your ideas. For yours, will it be 2d or 3d?

Mikee

Jul 8, 2017
I think we kind of get to an edgy realm of what's what when we discuss these kinds of topics being closely interrelated of xyz but having a different abc (interface for example). We bring into question, what makes a game a game? Is it the interface, or is it the actual content within the game. I mostly believe its the latter. So if you were to dev a game that's near habbo but just diff interface you'd have a lot of legal trouble.

Please keep in mind that also from a marketable standpoint aside from law, you need to have something that proprietary. In other words, why will i play ur game which has different interface over habbo if the content is still the same?

Not trying to be rude, just bringing up questions that need to be asked and answered before moving on.

Nevertheless, I always like new forward thinking ideas so keep going with developing an idea.

Kieren

The OGz
Aug 4, 2010
I think we kind of get to an edgy realm of what's what when we discuss these kinds of topics being closely interrelated of xyz but having a different abc (interface for example). We bring into question, what makes a game a game? Is it the interface, or is it the actual content within the game. I mostly believe its the latter. So if you were to dev a game that's near habbo but just diff interface you'd have a lot of legal trouble.

Please keep in mind that also from a marketable standpoint aside from law, you need to have something that proprietary. In other words, why will i play ur game which has different interface over habbo if the content is still the same?

Not trying to be rude, just bringing up questions that need to be asked and answered before moving on.

Nevertheless, I always like new forward thinking ideas so keep going with developing an idea.

Thank you for your input, to me some of it doesn't make sense. The whole idea would be completely different Habbo. The idea of the roleplaying part of the online community would be based from HabboRP that is it. The interface would have nothing to do with Sulake? Why would it the idea isn't a retro it's a complete whole new idea and besides roleplay wasn't introduced by them. The code would be completely fresh the ideas, features and even the pixels. I don't think you understand what I'm suggesting the idea is based from HabboRP's roleplaying capabilities nothing more.

There is roleplaying communities already out there such as GTASA multiplayer servers, minecraft why would Sulake want to take legal action against them? I only mentioned Habbo because the idea I have would be based on a client base like theirs.

Mikee

Jul 8, 2017
Thank you for your input, to me some of it doesn't make sense. The whole idea would be completely different Habbo. The idea of the roleplaying part of the online community would be based from HabboRP that is it. The interface etc would not have anything would make Sulake want to take legal action as it wouldn't have to? The code would be completely fresh the ideas, features and even the pixels. I don't think you understand what I'm suggesting the idea is based from HabboRP's roleplaying capabilities nothing more.

Their is roleplaying communities already out there such as GTASA multiplayer servers, minecraft why would Sulake want to take illegal action against them? I only mentioned Habbo because the idea I have would be based on a client base like theirs.
Sorry then, i just interpretted it wrong then. i interpretted it as, someone should remake habbo but just different interface.

Jeffrey

Devbest Indian Tech Support
FindRetros Moderator
Feb 5, 2013
Thank you for your input, to me some of it doesn't make sense. The whole idea would be completely different Habbo. The idea of the roleplaying part of the online community would be based from HabboRP that is it. The interface etc would not have anything would make Sulake want to take legal action as it wouldn't have to? The code would be completely fresh the ideas, features and even the pixels. I don't think you understand what I'm suggesting the idea is based from HabboRP's roleplaying capabilities nothing more.

Their is roleplaying communities already out there such as GTASA multiplayer servers, minecraft why would Sulake want to take illegal action against them? I only mentioned Habbo because the idea I have would be based on a client base like theirs.
flash is dying anyway in 2020, its time to go 3d.

Kieren

The OGz
Aug 4, 2010
flash is dying anyway in 2020, its time to go 3d.

It would be a lot better, only thing is would anyone want to code with anything else? It would take forever and money to come up with software, graphics etc.

Users who are viewing this thread