Old school client help

iroyal56

Feb 20, 2018
I've been out of the game for god knows how long, and I randomly decided to try to make an old school server again for nostalgic reasons. Well I have everything up and running (Debbo V3.5) hosting my own DCRS (V16) and everything runs smoothy, but then it randomly freezes and I have to reload the browser to log in again, and that get really annoying. Is there away to fix that? I have to use Internet Explorer cause thats the only browser it seems to work on.

Any help is appreciated.

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
It's an issue with all flash
Type in the address bar about:config (press Enter) (promise to be careful, if asked)
Type and look for the preference : dom.ipc.plugins.asyncdrawing.enabled and make sure it's value is set to false

treebeard

Jan 16, 2018
For Pale Moon it freezes on the full shockwave bar, it loads other retros but mine.
The only old school Shockwave hotel I know is:
Maybe check to see that you didn't miss something in setup by seeing if that hotel will load for you. Also according to their site newer versions of Shockwave can have issues especially in Internet Explorer. Downgrading in some cases seems to help.

"To clear Shockwave's cache, run rundll32.exe InetCpl.cpl,ClearMyTracksByProcess 8
In order to downgrade Shockwave version, uninstall Shockwave first by Add/Remove Programs, then use "

Hopefully that get's you somewhere. Keep me updated on your progress, I have a keen interest in older Habbo.

Users who are viewing this thread