Not connecting to Localhost

Kilo

The King.
Jan 6, 2016
I'm using Windows 10, and IIS however for some reason Localhost doesn't seem to want to work? I'm aware it's a general issue with Windows 10 however, are there any solutions available?

Thanks.

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
What he said, try that and make sure xampp and stuff is loading. If you have skype in the background close it, was one of the issues for me.
He said he is using IIS. The easiest fix is just a quick restart, honestly and to check to make sure the server, and generic website is started.

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
noobs tryna help other nobbs, I'm sorry lmao.

on topic; what exactly do you mean it's not working? can you upload the logs file with the specific errors?
Hopefully, I wasn't included within that list of noobs. If he restarted his computer, IIS would be a start up priority, versus other programs using port 80 thus making it work. Also, sometimes the server will not even start the website automatically, in which he'd need to do it himself.

Also, stick to one form of spelling "noobs" to "nobbs" is not the best transition.

TheCanadian

Jordan behind you ;P
Mar 21, 2011
Hopefully, I wasn't included within that list of noobs. If he restarted his computer, IIS would be a start up priority, versus other programs using port 80 thus making it work. Also, sometimes the server will not even start the website automatically, in which he'd need to do it himself.

Also, stick to one form of spelling "noobs" to "nobbs" is not the best transition.
it's not that deep bruh, you can't really know what's going on without viewing the specific errors; the log file will give you a better understanding

TesoMayn

Boredom, it vexes me.
Oct 30, 2011
dunno why there are any other posts in this topic, since my initial reply was the proper way of debugging this
Because people are stupid, and no one knows how to check logs to see the errors. They'd rather be lazy idiots their entire lives and have people solve their problems.

Ecko

23:37 [autobots] -!- eckostylez [[email protected]]
Nov 25, 2012
Because people are stupid, and no one knows how to check logs to see the errors. They'd rather be lazy idiots their entire lives and have people solve their problems.
Another reason why IIS sucks (contrary to what @Jaden believes). Apache/Nginx/Litespeed - would take me 5 seconds to tail the logs whereas IIS wants you to open up Event Viewer just to find that out.

TesoMayn

Boredom, it vexes me.
Oct 30, 2011
All of you plebs barely know how to use Apache, so you should stick to that.

As for the topic of this thread, post the logs if you can't understand them yourself.

griimnak

You're a slave to the money then you die
Jul 20, 2013
I'm using Windows 10, and IIS however for some reason Localhost doesn't seem to want to work? I'm aware it's a general issue with Windows 10 however, are there any solutions available?

Thanks.
something may be using IIS's port, this was my problem.

Code:
netstat -aon
use this to check if anything is using that port (80)

Code:
NET stop HTTP
use that to kill the interfering services

Users who are viewing this thread