News Slider

13rad

King
Sep 15, 2013
I've been editing a cms decided to add the new News slider but I'm having an issue the Promo Bullets don't seem to show up nor does the slideshow work it does load up all the news articles but yet again Promo Bullets don't show up nor does it move.

Image:
mMvR4UW.png

Slider Code:
Code:
<div id="promo-box">

<div id="promo-bullets"></div>

<?php
$to5 = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM cms_news ORDER BY ID DESC LIMIT 5") or die(mysql_error());
?>

<?php $i = 0; while($newsobject = mysql_fetch_assoc($to5)){ $i++; ?>

<div class="promo-container" style="background-image: url(%www%/Top_Story_Images/<?php echo $newsobject['image']; ?>)<?php if($i != '1'){ ?>; display: none<?php } ?>">
            <div class="promo-content-container">
                <div class="promo-content">
                    <div class="title"><?php echo $newsobject['title']; ?></div>
                    <div class="body"><?php echo $newsobject['shortstory']; ?></div>
                </div>
            </div>
            <div class="promo-link-container">
<div class="enter-hotel-btn">
<div class="open enter-btn">
             <a href="%www%/index.php?p=news&id=<?php echo $newsobject['id']; ?>">Read the full article &raquo;</a>
        <b></b>
    </div>
</div>
<div style="color:#FFF;margin-top:25px;margin-left:-210px;">Posted on: <b><?php echo date('F d, Y', $newsobject['published']); ?></b></div>
            </div>
        </div>
        <?php }?>

</div>
<script type="text/javascript">
document.observe("dom:loaded", function()
{
    PromoSlideShow.init();
});
</script>

Thanks for any suggestions!

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
How do you expect the javascript to work? It doesn't seem to even be calling to the script and the script doesn't change images?

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
They are different? One is longer (but that could just be the column size on your cms) but one has a date, was this a release or an edit you did

13rad

King
Sep 15, 2013
That gif is from Habboon but that was just an example of what my slider is meant to do but yet again it doesn't do that only sticks on one page.

Users who are viewing this thread