[NEED HELP]a Retro on XaMP (/tmp/sock/ MYSQL fix)

funkystrainz

Oct 12, 2016
First off, I just want to say, even if you aren't making any of this shit from scratch, its still hard as fuck to figure out. And it's not impossible, but worth the effort if done well.

Alright, lets say I have moved from a local host to a working URL, have connected a database with my catalog items/user id data and am able to store registered users with a configured starting amount, tweak the page information and add pages on my website.

I could find an emulator & just make it launch able from somewhere linked to my site and learn once I understand a little more about owning your first retro. But the furniture animation bit is still shitting on my brain and even if I didn't make my own I'd still have to know how to navigate around the script for updates/edits.

I know there are specific entries of javascript that represent each function that the game is responsible for executing. I dont expect to learn all of them at once, but I do expect to have a broad understanding of what each section is made up of.

I played a lot years ago, just started playing again & thought about making one. I started trying to look up what I could and have been around forums that include help for Habbo Retros. Unless you know what you're doing or have an idea of what to search for, it becomes tiresome and repetitive. I'm a real noob. I basically have a localhost that links to XAMP as its homepage, a bunch of CMS content, an IDE, a decompiler, a broken MySQL, and a faint understanding of what certain things mean, like session . gethabbo, where they belong in the script & what the important public functions are responsible for doing.

If anyone could connect with me for support, especially with MySQL or even the app functions for the emulator that things like roomid/message composer/furniture animation (furnidata) would go in, in my console, so I can either get started on my own or know I have a working emulator, holy shit i'd be grateful.

Also, is anyone using mariadb instead of MySQL?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread