[MYSLQI][OOP PHP] HybridBirdCMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

GarettM

Posting Freak
Aug 5, 2010
Why the hell do you run a while loop on login? LOL, you only need to run num rows check. And same with the userInfo, no loop needed - simply fetch assoc.
i do agree :/ a simple if statement would be a lot more efficient

GarettM

Posting Freak
Aug 5, 2010
Never define public variables in classes, it's not OOP.
All OOP is, is Object-Oriented PHP. If you use class's and not much procedural you have ideal O-O code. just because a class variable is public, private, static or even protected doesn't make it non Object-Oriented Code..
If your gonna lecture people on programming standards use the correct words or do your research first dumb-ass. :)

Rudde

Nov 12, 2011
All OOP is, is Object-Oriented PHP. If you use class's and not much procedural you have ideal O-O code. just because a class variable is public, private, static or even protected doesn't make it non Object-Oriented Code..
If your gonna lecture people on programming standards use the correct words or do your research first dumb-ass. :)

No it's not, object oriented design is when you use objects that is capable of reciving, processing and sending data out or to other objects. When you use public variables you can set data in a object from outside the object, this is not OOP, your object has to receive it and process it.

Also what? Even protected? WTF, protected is very much preferred in object-oriented design

GarettM

Posting Freak
Aug 5, 2010
No it's not, object oriented design is when you use objects that is capable of reciving, processing and sending data out or to other objects. When you use public variables you can set data in a object from outside the object, this is not OOP, your object has to receive it and process it.

Also what? Even protected? WTF, protected is very much preferred in object-oriented design
Not what i meant you said because its public variable its not oop and that statement is false it is OOP but its not at OOP standards. Yes he should have a method to set information to that variable and make a method to receive the variables information

Ept

Many men wish death upon me.
Jun 16, 2011
I don't see any active updates from the O/P, leading me to believe that development has stopped. If this project is still in development, and you have significant updates since the last post, PM me to have the thread reopened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread