my social network!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamking

Dec 14, 2013
Hello everyone. I'm quite new in this forum.
My name is Hamza, i'm 16 years old and i've been programming for almost a year now.
I can code oop php & mysqli, (slowly learning pdo), javascript (jquery and jquery ui), html, css.
I'm learning java and c++.

I don't know if i'm good enough to actually make my social network public. I might just release it later.
(YOU TELL ME!! :D)
Anyways here's some printscreens of it:
// Index page
// Home page. (I've painted my lastname in black, i want to keep it secret for now.)

And here's some printscreens of my code:
// Register codes
// Latest groups codes

tell me what you think about it, and if there's any bug in the code, comment and tell me where the bug is! :D
Sorry if there's any typo. english isn't my main language!

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
As for the front-end, well it doesn't look too great. Input boxes are different sizes for a start. However, it's not all bad and can improved. Here's a couple of small ways I think you can improve the look of your design:
  • Create a smaller header - it's way too big at the moment;
  • Introduce a new colour to spice it up a little - looks a little plain as of now;
  • Add some more content next to the register (why register maybe?) as it looks a little plain at the moment;
  • Add some padding to your search bar input (keep the padding on all inputs consistent);
  • For the groups, keep the heading bold but avoid the content being bold - to make it stand out more
Just something you could take into consideration, maybe?

hamking

Dec 14, 2013
As for the front-end, well it doesn't look too great. Input boxes are different sizes for a start. However, it's not all bad and can improved. Here's a couple of small ways I think you can improve the look of your design:
  • Create a smaller header - it's way too big at the moment;
  • Introduce a new colour to spice it up a little - looks a little plain as of now;
  • Add some more content next to the register (why register maybe?) as it looks a little plain at the moment;
  • Add some padding to your search bar input (keep the padding on all inputs consistent);
  • For the groups, keep the heading bold but avoid the content being bold - to make it stand out more
Just something you could take into consideration, maybe?
yea sure, i'll fix that! Thank you for feedback!

Heisenberg

i am the danger
Oct 5, 2013
Good luck with this however it's gonna be pretty difficult to make it unique as we already have sites such as facebook, twitter etc. so that's something to take into consideration.

hamking

Dec 14, 2013
Good luck with this however it's gonna be pretty difficult to make it unique as we already have sites such as facebook, twitter etc. so that's something to take into consideration.
yea, i actually thought about focusing on the groups alot, like you're going to be able to chat in group, cam and other stuff. but my friend told me that google+ already had that and yea.. fuck.. but i'll see what i can do.

anyways, if anyone has any ideas and want to share it. comment please!! :D

Doge

Jan 12, 2012
You're a great developer, however you should work on your web design skills.

Some say developers can't be great designers. I disagree however.

hamking

Dec 14, 2013
You're a great developer, however you should work on your web design skills.

Some say developers can't be great designers. I disagree however.

yes i sure agree!! I'm just out of ideas when it comes to designing. It takes like 15-20 minutes for me to just make a simple box with some text inside. haha thank you for feedback! :)

Nehalem

Aug 31, 2013
Too much gray colors.

Try to choose about 2-3 main colors (for example; red, white, blue) to stick with instead.
Otherwise, it looks kinda good. Keep practising.

I'm just out of ideas when it comes to designing.
Welcome to the club.

Doge

Jan 12, 2012
Check out bootswatch; it's awesome -
yes i sure agree!! I'm just out of ideas when it comes to designing. It takes like 15-20 minutes for me to just make a simple box with some text inside. haha thank you for feedback! :)

hamking

Dec 14, 2013
Too much gray colors.

Try to choose about 2-3 main colors (for example; red, white, blue) to stick with instead.
Otherwise, it looks kinda good. Keep practising.

Welcome to the club.

yes! I agree. I'll fix some stuff a bit more "happier colors". But i'm not quite used to it. but i'll try! :) Thank you for feedback!
Check out bootswatch; it's awesome -
Ow man, thank you! :D

Doge

Jan 12, 2012
yes! I agree. I'll fix some stuff a bit more "happier colors". But i'm not quite used to it. but i'll try! :) Thank you for feedback!

Ow man, thank you! :D
I recommend Yeti; it's really nice. I also recommend the use of panels for information from bootstrap.

hamking

Dec 14, 2013
hello again. i've added that thingie in the middle (dunno what it's called in eng), fixed some small bugs.
// IMAGE (IT'S NOT DONE YET!! )
I'll be fixing the design now.

Nehalem

Aug 31, 2013
hello again. i've added that thingie in the middle (dunno what it's called in eng), fixed some small bugs.
// IMAGE (IT'S NOT DONE YET!! )
I'll be fixing the design now.
Why are you placing the boxes on random places?! Learn to use margin properly.

TrueJewix

Aug 9, 2012
Why are you placing the boxes on random places?! Learn to use margin properly.
Like he said it's not done yet. He might browser doing this; trying to code everything then at the end he's going to improve.

Sent from my GT-S7560 using Tapatalk

ZylloxTK

Dec 15, 2013
You are a very talented developer with your design is worthless. But it is always possible to improve the course, however, I see that you are mostly focused on advancing your PHP code and not run the easy way. You should also do a bit more colorful and not have the dead colors that are not in the top quite easily. Will be interesting to see how you
develop the project further.

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
Yeah design sucks but coding don't look too bad.

Ditch that fucking inline styling though

Hindi

System.out.println(" ");
Dec 30, 2012
What Reece @Sysode said, This looks legit project but Front - end dosent seem so good, You can improve it , I would say use FLAT-UI and develop this stuff till its somethiing big :p

hamking

Dec 14, 2013
Yeah design sucks but coding don't look too bad.

Ditch that fucking inline styling though
hahaha, thank you and yea i know i'm rly bad designer.

Get a web designer and stop using bootrap. Otherwise it looks fine:)
yes i'm learning my friends irl how to code, i'll make them love design.
What Reece @Sysode said, This looks legit project but Front - end dosent seem so good, You can improve it , I would say use FLAT-UI and develop this stuff till its somethiing big :p

Here's an update on the design:

(only updated the index page).

Thank's everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread