MY PING IS FUCKED

Zymf

Aug 19, 2012
help me bobbas

i play league of legends :) i usually sit at a stable 35ms with minimal problems but ? for the past week my ping has been FUCKING stuttering between like 40 and 1000. it refuses to sit at ONE fucking number, it constantly just jumps up and down

i've had the useless engineer bastard cunts out and they basically said there's nothing wrong - they did a few "checks" and told me that my download is 22.6 and my upload is 5.0 (haha obviously fucking NOT)

why the FUCK is my ping not at 35 like it usually is and how do i fix it.
please

f0902f65dc78cfae126d2ea8794ad173.png
thanks homies

Proximity

IDK?
Feb 13, 2014
Try hard resetting everything,

unplug both your modem (Magicbox) and the router (Wireless) wait about a minute plus the modem back in but wait for all the lights on it to stable and stay in one place and no blink (all the lights should be on) and than plug the router in.

Legion

Gaming Lord
Staff member
Nov 23, 2011
I've had issues like this in the past with my previous ISP. (Verizon FiOS) who started to do bandwidth caps and started having me get ping spikes, just like you. Mine would be on CS:GO, and I'd have like 30ms ping to the average server, then randomly jump to ~200ms. Verizon was just a shitty host. I switched to Time Warner Cable, and they have no bandwidth caps, and the wifi across the house has no 'drop-out' to cause the ping spikes. Honestly might just be your ISP realizing that your games are causing high bandwidth. That's what Verizon did with Twitch and Youtube for the Southern California region.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
@eckostylez or we simplefy it because we're not all native english speakers? everyone knows what one means by an "RJ45 cable", however, not everyone knows what a CAT5 cable is, and CAT5 might not be the same standard (or name) in every country.
I could go ahead and say "ethernet cable", but that could cause even more problems.
Because "RJ45 cable" is so much easier to understand than a "CAT5" cable or just simply "Ethernet Cable". However, even "Ethernet Cable" is more correct than a "RJ45 cable".

Users who are viewing this thread