MY PING IS FUCKED

Zymf

Aug 19, 2012
help me bobbas

i play league of legends :) i usually sit at a stable 35ms with minimal problems but ? for the past week my ping has been FUCKING stuttering between like 40 and 1000. it refuses to sit at ONE fucking number, it constantly just jumps up and down

i've had the useless engineer bastard cunts out and they basically said there's nothing wrong - they did a few "checks" and told me that my download is 22.6 and my upload is 5.0 (haha obviously fucking NOT)

why the FUCK is my ping not at 35 like it usually is and how do i fix it.
please

f0902f65dc78cfae126d2ea8794ad173.png
thanks homies

Zymf

Aug 19, 2012
Wireless or Ethernet?
Have you checked how many devices are using your connection?
Have you checked programs running in the background?
wireless
at the moment? 2 if you include my phone, usually there's just the regular few laptops and everyones phones but nobody is constantly downloading minecraft
when i play league i dont have programs running in the background, other than skype sometimes
If you have access to a different computer, you could check if it is your computer?
If you use WIFI, check that only computers you know of, is connected to the router.
If you have port-forwarded the router, and have an IP-address assigned to it, people might DOS/DDOS it (after I did this, my router crashed every now and then, when I resat it and didn´t do all that shit, it worked just fine)
nah it's definitely not my computer, everyone else is having the same problem
checked, theres no random connections
no port forwarding

there's been 0 changes since when i had a stable 35ms, no new devices or anything like that.
the prick that came out today replaced the filter thing with a fancy new one but that did FUCK ALL

Is your computer horse shit?
Is your router horse shit?
Do you use Wi-Fi like a faggot?
Maybe you just get throttled like a mothefucker.
yes,
yes,
yes (lifetime ban him for insulting me)
no shit sherlock
What region are you on?
what

M8than

yes
Mar 16, 2012
"wireless"
Theres your problem right there. Try some powerline adaptors if you cant get a cable round.

There could be some invisible or unknown changes such as network interference.

Lame

Nov 6, 2014
wireless
at the moment? 2 if you include my phone, usually there's just the regular few laptops and everyones phones but nobody is constantly downloading minecraft
when i play league i dont have programs running in the background, other than skype sometimes

nah it's definitely not my computer, everyone else is having the same problem
checked, theres no random connections
no port forwarding

there's been 0 changes since when i had a stable 35ms, no new devices or anything like that.
the prick that came out today replaced the filter thing with a fancy new one but that did FUCK ALL
League gave your router cancer. :)

Zymf

Aug 19, 2012

griimnak

You're a slave to the money then you die
Jul 20, 2013
I mean i had a problem similar to this awhile ago but i was wired, and the issue was that my modem was extremely old so they hooked me up with that 2 in 1 modem + router.

Zymf

Aug 19, 2012
"wireless"
Theres your problem right there. Try some powerline adaptors if you cant get a cable round.

There could be some invisible or unknown changes such as network interference.
i have a powerline adapter, still wank
A router could get aids after 1 week, try connecting directly to the landline?
>>>>>>>>how
I mean i had a problem similar to this awhile ago but i was wired, and the issue was that my modem was extremely old so they hooked me up with that 2 in 1 modem + router.
its not even an old router its just being a BASTARD

talktalk fibre optic :) buy today :)

Zymf

Aug 19, 2012
Because electronics, that´s how.
Stuff could come defective from fabric, or even a slight overvoltage could, in theory, kill a device.
Thunder could kill a device, it could die instantly, or maybe even over the course of 5 years.
no i mean how do i do dat

Zymf

Aug 19, 2012
A router is not a modem , you accidental sperm infiltrator
damn thanks for being so useful you useless cunt
Unless there is fibre cables between the Magic box before the universe and the talktalk router, you should be able to just remove the talktalk routerthingy and connect "hello this is me" directly to the "box that landline and router are plugged into"
If there is fibre optic cables between "talktalk" and "box that land...", you either need a computer with fibre optics, or just try to replace the talktalk shit with some new shit.
errr the only wires that i can see with all 4 of my eyes are:
wire from magic box to the router
wire from magic box to the landline
wire from router to plug socket
wire from landline to plug socket
wire from router into sure signal box thing that helps improve phone signal (which is plugged into plug socket)
wire from router into powerline adaptor thats connected to smart tv upstairs

if i was to plug my laptop into the wall (didnt even know that was possible) wouldnt everybody elses internet go for a trip down memory lane

griimnak

You're a slave to the money then you die
Jul 20, 2013
damn thanks for being so useful you useless cunt

errr the only wires that i can see with all 4 of my eyes are:
wire from magic box to the router
wire from magic box to the landline
wire from router to plug socket
wire from landline to plug socket
wire from router into sure signal box thing that helps improve phone signal (which is plugged into plug socket)
wire from router into powerline adaptor thats connected to smart tv upstairs

if i was to plug my laptop into the wall (didnt even know that was possible) wouldnt everybody elses internet go for a trip down memory lane
I'm sure the tech guy already checked, but if he didn't, make sure you mention that modem because that could be where the problem lies, the modem tells the router and landline what to do and when i had poop connection it was because of how old my modem was

other than that, i forgot to mention the density of your walls could also matter, if you live in a victorian house with fuckin steel walls the wifi is going to be cancer, this is from experience and i had to buy a netgear hotspot and put it in my room.

Zymf

Aug 19, 2012
I'm sure the tech guy already checked, but if he didn't, make sure you mention that modem because that could be where the problem lies, the modem tells the router and landline what to do and when i had poop connection it was because of how old my modem was

other than that, i forgot to mention the density of your walls could also matter, if you live in a victorian house with fuckin steel walls the wifi is going to be cancer, this is from experience and i had to buy a netgear hotspot and put it in my room.
i sit about 1.9meters away from the router so nah son that is fine
is my modem the magic box on the wall? i thought a modem was a fancy word for router

Users who are viewing this thread