Moving to my own place

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
Some already knew, but now it's getting really close. Next week Friday I'll officially be an house owner and get the keys to my new home. It's a weird thing and I have no idea what to expect. To be honest, I'm both afraid of going on my own but I'm also really exited about it. I think I got everything arranged, such as power, internet, registering the move at city hall, getting the furniture and so on.

I'm curious about possible experiences you guys had, was it hard, how did it go, and so forth. If you guys have any questions for me, also feel free to ask.

TesoMayn

Boredom, it vexes me.
Oct 30, 2011
You actually owning the house or renting?

If owning, expect to spend a lot of time and money on repairing shit, I'm constantly having to fix something (but then my house is old as fuck)

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
You actually owning the house or renting?

If owning, expect to spend a lot of time and money on repairing shit, I'm constantly having to fix something (but then my house is old as fuck)
Yeah actually owning it. Luckily the old owner of the house was a professional elektrician or something and everything is perfect. So I hope that won't be one of my concerns. The house is from the end 60ies.

Damn congrats dude!
Thanks man!

TesoMayn

Boredom, it vexes me.
Oct 30, 2011
Yeah actually owning it. Luckily the old owner of the house was a professional elektrician or something and everything is perfect. So I hope that won't be one of my concerns. The house is from the end 60ies.

I've never really had any electrical problems, mostly things like water heater, pump, ect
But I also live in the country and my house is from the mid to late 1800s :p
You'll quickly find owning is better than renting though, a lot more freedom
Even with the costs of repairs and taxes, I still pay less a year than I would if I rented lol

What are the house specs; baths, beds, stories, ect?

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
I guess all these years of being a Moderator have finally paid off Kappa

Just kidding, in all seriousness, congrats!
If only @bigdawg would pay us... thanks man!

I've never really had any electrical problems, mostly things like water heater, pump, ect
But I also live in the country and my house is from the mid to late 1800s :p
You'll quickly find owning is better than renting though, a lot more freedom
Even with the costs of repairs and taxes, I still pay less a year than I would if I rented lol

What are the house specs; baths, beds, stories, ect?
Yeah I meant more like, the house has been kept in perfect state. Ah yeah, from the 1800's the fundamentals are a bit worse. All the things you mentioned were actually renewed in 2017. And yeah, renting is just throwing away money tbh.

As for the specs, 1 bathroom, 3/4 bedrooms (gonna use one of them for an office, the "4th" is the attic), so excluding the ground floor, 2 stories. Quite an good kitchen. I'll post pictures when I moved in.

TesoMayn

Boredom, it vexes me.
Oct 30, 2011
I'm curious, how did the whole moving away from the family went for you? That's honestly the only real part I'm sort of looking up against.

At first, it's weird, because you're used to having other people with you
But it didn't take long for me to get used to being alone, but some times I still miss having people lol

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
At first, it's weird, because you're used to having other people with you
But it didn't take long for me to get used to being alone, but some times I still miss having people lol
That's kind of a relief. The place I'm moving to is where most of my friends are at anyways, it's just the next village over, so about a 5min drive away from my family.

I’m so proud of you! Time to be an adult :)
Yeah time flies as hell man, it's a strange thing. Thanks man!

Congratulations man
Thanks!

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
I love how I had to find out via this thread, 'mate' :(
Congrats man good for you. Get a nice CCTV system.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
I love how I had to find out via this thread, 'mate' :(
Congrats man good for you. Get a nice CCTV system.
Talked about it in the shoutbox a few times! And thanks man. Sure gonna need a good CCTV if you're gonna come creep around.

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
Talked about it in the shoutbox a few times! And thanks man. Sure gonna need a good CCTV if you're gonna come creep around.
I don't really pay much attention to the shoutbox, I just put same and that's about it

I'll only be creeping around when I'm aware you've got female relatives coming by.

Adil

DevBest CEO
May 28, 2011
Congratulations Wess!

If I were you I would think about investing in another toilet. Although 1 is more than enough, sometimes you gotta multi shit.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
Congratulations Wess!

If I were you I would think about investing in another toilet. Although 1 is more than enough, sometimes you gotta multi shit.
There's 2 in the house, actually! And thanks man

n4te

zzz
Oct 27, 2014
Some already knew, but now it's getting really close. Next week Friday I'll officially be an house owner and get the keys to my new home. It's a weird thing and I have no idea what to expect. To be honest, I'm both afraid of going on my own but I'm also really exited about it. I think I got everything arranged, such as power, internet, registering the move at city hall, getting the furniture and so on.

I'm curious about possible experiences you guys had, was it hard, how did it go, and so forth. If you guys have any questions for me, also feel free to ask.
Big step in life. Best of luck in future endeavors as well!

Users who are viewing this thread