Mouse changing DPI after reboot?

Macemore

Circumcised pineapples
Aug 26, 2011
I think someone is gaslighting me. I don't regularly use my desktop as much, I'm mostly on my phone and laptop lately. So much so that it was even setup in the living room as a console for the last few months. Last week I set it up at the desk again only to find that my mouse's DPI settings didn't "feel" right. It's like my DPI has been changed, but I go into my Steelseries program and it still is the same, I'll even adjust it to an arbitrary value just to bring it back and make sure it wasn't telling me a false number. I've been using this mouse, on these exact settings, for nearly 3 years now. I thought perhaps it was my perception due to using mousepad on my laptop for so long, but even in games and just day-to-day clicking is not accurate anymore.

I suppose you'll say, Mace, why don't you just decrease/increase the mouse sensitivity to compensate for any perceived change (whether real or placebo)? Well I fucken have, that's why I'm here. I'm going crazy, I can't get my mouse to cooperate with me. It's like any time I use muscle memory my mouse flies around and acts like it's fucken got Parkinson's or something and it sets me right into a pissed mood.

Anyway, I'm not sure if anything will come of this thread. It's more of a "when I go crazy here's my note" kind of thing.

Users who are viewing this thread