Meth0d Making A Return

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
*UPDATE*

Meth0d is now re-coding Uber, he is still using 'Uber' in his development i think

Nothing like spending a Saturday night programming. No, really, I enjoy it. Here’s a status report.
I have made a relatively important decision. The Pro edition will be a complete recode. That means no recycled components whatsoever. With the ION base completely replaced it felt a bit, I don’t know, useless to write workarounds just to get old crap to work. So, there you go, I deleted the entire HabboHotel namespace last week, so everything’s gone and being replaced.
(So, yes, whoever was asking for a recode on here: your prayers have been heard!)
I am currently progressing nicely. Got all the core stuff to work, and trying to make the whole deal as stable as possible, especially taking note of stuff that went wrong in the original Uber (threading problems mostly…).
icon_wink.gif

Did the entire help tool and the most of the ticket browser today. Is it a priority? No. I just felt like it.
Currently doing messenger, then moving on to navigator, then rooms. That’s when stuff gets serious!
Also a reason why Meth0d has decided to charge a people to use this new emulator -

I have released every single project in the past under rather permissive licenses/conditions. I have been involved in this scene since 2007 and have contributed a whole lot without getting more than a few small donations. In the meantime, I see others making a load of money off of my work. If anything, me and my work have been taken advantage of. I do not feel I am a bad person for wanting to earn money.
But taking advantage of my “position” as programmer…I wouldn’t say so. Isn’t that what everybody does or tries to? They have a skill, and they use it — to try and make some money. That’s what I’m doing. I need money and want to keep myself entertained, so this seems like the perfect way to do it.
Oh, and Aaron was a fag because he used open-source components to make money (and thus broke the license). He bought the Uber source fairly.
The license prices you mentioned are quite unreasonable in comparison without the amount of work I put in and the amount of money some retros make based on VIP sales, advertisement income, etc. I am currently still brainstorming about final prices, but what you mentioned won’t be close to it.

Bazinga

Posting Freak
Aug 3, 2010
There's a new site specifically for Uber Prof. Edition here;

Here's also a few new comments of his;

I cannot give any estimates at this time. I hope to have it released and have provided any necessary patches before my July holiday though.
icon_smile.gif

Unfortunately I shall not be providing a CMS this time. As I am selling Uber as proprietary software, I can not include copyrighted content. Creating a CMS system would almost certainly involve using Sulake’s copyrighted content and thus violating copyright law. Which, obviously, would be very naughty.
As for the security aspect, I am developing a rock solid license system. The emulator binaries will be obfuscated and will additionally contain other various security measures.
Thank you.
icon_smile.gif
Unfortunately the old database scheme will not be compatible with the new emulator. That means uberCMS is not compatible.
I have made some semi-related design decisions recently though, I’ll post more information about my web-related plans later.
icon_smile.gif

Don’t worry.

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
Based upon what he has said, about not making a new cms, and the new emulator will not use ubers DB scheme,
How the hell are we meant to get it working, all them poor noobs out there that dont klnow their left to right are gonna be well and truly spanked

He states he will not make a cms due to copyright of Habbo's images, yet hes willing to create a server that replicates it :s

But then he says "I have made some semi-related design decisions recently though, I’ll post more information about my web-related plans later." meaning is their a new cms to be created? or will he get somebody else to make one

Bazinga

Posting Freak
Aug 3, 2010
Well if he doesn't it will be a repeat of last time, so called great coders of the habbo sections will 'code' a habbo cms and most of the time it will completely fail (Thats not to say there's not some excellent coders out there i.e. Rasta, Kryptos ;D, Privilege etc..)

amosngweien

Dec 14, 2010
Meth0d's Official UberEmulator Professional Edition Website

In the article , tells you he made a return.Now he built the website.The website is: or click
On his blog, he posted:
Title:uberEmulator site launched
Hello everyone,

uberEmulator Professional Edition (as announced here) has gotten it’s own website. It’s still under construction, but this will be your source of information and updates for the emulator. In addition, this will be the only place the emulator will be sold:

AND for him not to quit doing his job again, i encourage people to buy using their own MONEY

[mod] Thread merged to "Thread: Meth0d Making A Return" - Kieren [/mod]

Tom...

Awesome
Jun 29, 2011
Sorry to bump, but is he still working on this?

Yes, Meth0d is still working on this. Nobody has yet seen the source code other than Roy and Orca, So really no one can predict if it is a rip or not. Aaron's emulator (Phoenix) is not shit. However there is bugs in it aswell as Phoenix CMS'. Everyone is right in a way, without Roy, Aaron would probably not have Phoenix.

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
The thing is with Meth0d, with him being 18 you'd expect him to have a proper job, but with his skill in Habbo programming, he can make quite a lot of money through it. I think the only reason he is charging for this new emulator is because he wants money, but who doesn't. And secondly because if Aaron can make money out of Meth0d's source code, why can't Meth0d himself? I personally think £60 is a hell of a lot of money to pay for a game server, but it's his work - he can charge whatever he wants.

lewis-teck

Jul 5, 2011
60 Pounds is high. He needs to remember than some of his customers will be young people on pocket money.

NextToNothing

Dec 5, 2010
60 Pounds is high. He needs to remember than some of his customers will be young people on pocket money.

I agree, and not some... Most will.

Also, have people seen UberHotel.org?

All i have to say about that is that it awful, disgusting and horrible.

The thing is with Meth0d, with him being 18 you'd expect him to have a proper job, but with his skill in Habbo programming, he can make quite a lot of money through it. I think the only reason he is charging for this new emulator is because he wants money, but who doesn't. And secondly because if Aaron can make money out of Meth0d's source code, why can't Meth0d himself? I personally think £60 is a hell of a lot of money to pay for a game server, but it's his work - he can charge whatever he wants.
You say hes good at coding habbo servers, but i think you might mean hes good at coding in c# and php/html. I dont know why hes sticking with Habbo Servers, its not exaclly the best thing to make money off and stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread