Making a Game (Opinions)

Mega

Posting Freak
Mar 23, 2013
Hello devbest,
I am very interested to use my free time programming/creating a game. I found out this website, . Do you guys think that I should get it? I don't care about the price. Just want your opinions.

Thanks,
Mega (Harith)

Aston

Mr Steal Yo' Girl. ☯
Oct 8, 2013
If you think you would put the effort and time into it, buy it! In the mean time, before you are certain on developing it I reckon you should try using a free software, then work on gameinstitute.

Mega

Posting Freak
Mar 23, 2013
use greenfoot, or even netbeans or notepad! i wouldn't waste money when you could do it simple ways :)
Do an online game that has to do with Star Trek
If you think you would put the effort and time into it, buy it! In the mean time, before you are certain on developing it I reckon you should try using a free software, then work on gameinstitute.
Search Piratebay for the free full version bro ? Who buys software nowadays?
If you honestly have the time and the ideas/money/etc. otherwise free is always as good if its something you will do on the side.

@Blaze But I want to create like 3d games.
@westonallen0990 Maybe, I'll make something like that. Thanks for the suggestion.
@Aston Yeah, I'll try using the trial first or other free programing.
@Demonz I might if I'm too desperate.
@Dishonorable Thanks for the opinion.

Demonz

Oct 6, 2011
Do something with Zombies , Unity 3d or Unreal engine are real nice for making console or pc games , I am a expert at them. But if you want something less challenging to use just search Google For FPSC its a real simple engine and really easy to compile on disc for other to play . When i was 13 i was developing a sci-fi World at war Alien Apocalypse game which was coming out pretty decent , I then realize the engine was not capable of utilizing my ideas that i wanted to implement, so i move on to unity 3d and then so on to Unreal Engine . After realizing that you actually need intelligence to use UE , I picked up a series of books from the libary, a few dummy guides and now i am decent at using 3D game Engines.So my point is do not attempt anything you do not have knowledge for because it will not go well.

Stalin

Some people are cunts, oh well.
Aug 17, 2013
Why not use UDK?
That's what I used for a few of my games until I bought Unity Pro. They both work amazingly, you could even just use the free version of Unity.

Users who are viewing this thread