Looking for some general advice in regards to setting up a Retro.

yado

Mar 31, 2018
Hey there,
My goal is to set up a retro as a place to host a single RP. It'll be just plain text based, doesn't need any kind of complex RP commands or systems. Ideally I would like to add a lot of custom clothing and furni to fit the theme and it would ideally be not hosted locally.

At the moment I have a VM running on Azure so that I can access it from home and work. I've been installing the standard programs that tutorials require (IIS, Navicat, MySQL etc.) but I have concerns about running pirated content off those kinds of servers.
I've already attempted to set up a localhost version using this tutorial (devbest/threads/tut-how-to-make-a-r63b-habbo-roleplay.84865/) but I get as far as step 7, where I run into a 404.3 error (imgur/UyTSnKW) and I've had no luck diagnosing what that specific error means.

Anyway, I'm basically looking for a push in the right direction in regards to what set up would best suit my needs and if anyone is willing to offer some more hands-on help over discord or something like that, I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks for reading.

Users who are viewing this thread