Limiting/Importing Rares, Buy (As Gift) & Assigning Upgradable Catalogue Sections phpMyAdmin

funkystrainz

Oct 12, 2016
Hey again,

So I've begun to configure information to my database, and have many categories that contain pages' item information, As well as a built-in system that assigns which users are able to have access to certain pages. I know these items would be able to be purchased via in-game currency by setting up/ensuring the proper set up of the interaction with the game.

What I want to know is how I can add pages, customize the categories I add, what I can add to those pages, and how that would translate into an item in a users' inventory. For example, the emulator I would like to use, has two VIP sections programmed in, but I would like to edit more in, as well has have a separate page including a small selection of rares that all users would have access to, and another that members who have regular access, as well as higher ranked players, would only be able to buy a certain amount of (limited edition rares). It would also help if I know that when a user clicks buy, an item will appear, regardless of the section in the catalogue.

Also, controlling the limited rares? I'm not sure if I would do that through the database or the emulator. I'm guessing I'd have to configure it in both. Prices/Stock/Catalogue Section in the database, and ensure the corresponding physical items would be generated or written into the game? Do .Swf's have anything to do with it? Is Furniture Animation something I should be concerned about at this stage?

If someone could help with these questions, for someone using XAMP as the platform for the server on my localhost, with a phpMyAdmin database set up through MySQL and a matching emulator/web content for the database (that I don't plan on using in its' current state), as well as multiple IDE's, such as Sublime, Visual Studio (for mac), Text Wrangler, etc., it would help me move forward in the process.

I don't have WinRar and was seeking other ways to run the emulator in the small interface-like window that pops up in most tutorials; if WinRar is what would allow that sequence to be carried out, that is responsible for launching the game.

That is all for today.

If anyone can help, please comment, or Personal Message.
I can also send you messages.

This will also be my first retro, so bare with me.

Users who are viewing this thread