Leagueofretros.xyz [Help Needed]

DemNx

The infamous Tai
Aug 23, 2011
Hey guys, it's been a while. I'm sure none of you actually remember me though.
That aside, I'm here to introduce a new Retro project!

Hell yeah, the name is blatant as fuck, we know. We were having fun with names and this just stuck.
We're looking for people to help with testing things in game, on the site, and just general team members to help us find bugs and give general feedback about things we have added, or need to add in the future.

So, if you'd like to help, it's pretty much an open beta, and those who help will be rewarded in-game upon release, and those who join the team will be compensated for their time depending on work contributed.
Please bear in mind, while the server is 24/7, you may experience some down time, bugs, lag, and other minor (or major) annoyances that may otherwise detour from your enjoyment of the hotel. All the feedback we get will be noted, and considered, and all volunteers we get will be credited upon opening day!

So for those of you who don't want to volunteer but still contribute some sort of advise about the CMS, which EMU to use, or other things that may make our hotel something special, please don't be afraid to post it here on the thread.
Thanks volunteers in advance, for your consideration in helping out our little project.
-Tai

Last edited by a moderator:

Vanish

Rising Java Developer
Dec 8, 2013
I'd like to join the staff team if you're hiring? Also, great idea if it's League of Legends in Habbo.

DemNx

The infamous Tai
Aug 23, 2011
Ah, you're right.
Sorry about that. Let me go into detail.
Good ol' Leader is right. It is a project designed around just the hotel for now. With plans to customize and modify it almost completely.
We actually WERE considering coding a new game mode within the hotel similar to that of League of Legends, but first we have to get the hotel itself sorted, the website, you know, the little things. Besides, we'd have to work out if that is even possible, and how we'd execute that, being that league is a game with a simple purpose, but complicated in execution. We're going to need more than just my partner and I cracking down on this to get it in motion.

Starting out LoR will be your basic community being customized as it progresses. Which is why I came back here, because I know of some really ambitious and talented people and wanted to reach out for those people willing to help.

We ARE hiring currently, and like I said, we need team members to help find bugs, suggest upgrades and additions, and people to help with the CMS side of things, because as of right now, it's just me and my partner.

P.S. @Leader I haven't forgotten you either.

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
Ah, you're right.
Sorry about that. Let me go into detail.
Good ol' Leader is right. It is a project designed around just the hotel for now. With plans to customize and modify it almost completely.
We actually WERE considering coding a new game mode within the hotel similar to that of League of Legends, but first we have to get the hotel itself sorted, the website, you know, the little things. Besides, we'd have to work out if that is even possible, and how we'd execute that, being that league is a game with a simple purpose, but complicated in execution. We're going to need more than just my partner and I cracking down on this to get it in motion.

Starting out LoR will be your basic community being customized as it progresses. Which is why I came back here, because I know of some really ambitious and talented people and wanted to reach out for those people willing to help.

We ARE hiring currently, and like I said, we need team members to help find bugs, suggest upgrades and additions, and people to help with the CMS side of things, because as of right now, it's just me and my partner.

P.S. @Leader I haven't forgotten you either.
mhm, Add my new Skype (redacted), I changed enough since then.

Last edited:

DemNx

The infamous Tai
Aug 23, 2011
Added.
Those of you wanting to talk to me personally or have individual questions, you can add my skype

Taiflosion

DemNx

The infamous Tai
Aug 23, 2011
There are many ways to help out, we need testers, staff, and some coders. The only requirement is that you know how to work with retros.

We'll be switching EMU's soon, from Gold Tree to Azure. It's rather new to us, so if anyone can give us a few pointers on how it works that would be great.

Vanish

Rising Java Developer
Dec 8, 2013
I'd like to apply for staff, where can i though? Here's my applicant thread if you wanna check it out contact me on my skype as well : emilio.lmfao

DemNx

The infamous Tai
Aug 23, 2011
@Vanish Yeah we need more experience, and we're not as stingy as some hotels requiring certain amounts of online time. We all got shit to do, so long as you keep your presence known we'll be alright. I'll talk to Tom, the co owner about adding you. Until then you can add my skype listed above.

@Marcelloo You can add me as well if you'd like to help, what are you best with?

Marcel

You're the guy who stole my car
Jul 17, 2015
a lot of stuff,

C#, PHP, basically everything except for swift & app shit.

DemNx

The infamous Tai
Aug 23, 2011
@Marcelloo We're in the midst of editing our theme, and if you'd like to help I'd be happy to give you a spot on the team.

Marcel

Jul 17, 2015
I'll see if I can get some spare time next week, then I could help you out develop it.

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
You need to have Tom read up on all the documentation on Azure, Mercury, and other competiting emulators so he can make a rational decision considering you were already using Goldtree despite being scared of hackers, and hopefully someone on this thread could pick up a better designer :p. (By the way, if you were using a pre-made CMS choose Illumina)

Marcel

Jul 17, 2015
You need to have Tom read up on all the documentation on Azure, Mercury, and other competiting emulators so he can make a rational decision considering you were already using Goldtree despite being scared of hackers, and hopefully someone on this thread could pick up a better designer :p. (By the way, if you were using a pre-made CMS choose Illumina)
Yeah true, choose Illumina or hire a professional designer , (myself).
I'm currently making a CMS, I'll probably post its soon as I test it & fix up a few php codes. :)

Users who are viewing this thread