Show DevBest Le Script

Jian

Resident Weeb
Contributor
Sep 2, 2011
I have made a new script named "leScript". I have designed it to look like an "OS" Desktop so it will be user-friendly as you guys use it all the time!

What's the aim of this project?
The aim of this project is for the new interface of administration panels.

Features
With this, MySQL is redundant as I have created a custom registry class to record data and retrieve it.

As of the recent updates, I've removed the start button as I think that it is kind of useless in this project.

Demo & Download
Demo:
Download (ALPHA 1.0.5):

Sean

‫‫‫‫‫‫  ‫  Don't Worry, Be Happy
Dec 12, 2011
I like your idea but I have 3 suggestions:
1) Don't use Bootstrap for this.
2) get some JS in there to make the "desktop" icons draggable and finally.
3) just like windows when you have the start menu open you click the desktop or any window and it closes, you should do that instead of having to click the start button again to close it :)

Also a bug: When you open your popup apps, the page title messes up :up:

Jian

Resident Weeb
Contributor
Sep 2, 2011
I like your idea but I have 3 suggestions:
1) Don't use Bootstrap for this.
2) get some JS in there to make the "desktop" icons draggable and finally.
3) just like windows when you have the start menu open you click the desktop or any window and it closes, you should do that instead of having to click the start button again to close it :)

Also a bug: When you open your popup apps, the page title messes up :up:
The page title shows the developer what application package the script is currently running.

UPDATE
Please note that this is just a developers' edition. This is not for practical use yet. I will post further updates to fix bugs, security exploits and add features to it in the future.
I am also working with for the user interface looks on the script, more updates will be posted soon.

Jian

Resident Weeb
Contributor
Sep 2, 2011
Seems cool, will the application store contain plugins for the script?
Thanks. And yes, it will. I will be doing the API soon and the user will be able to install the application directly from the app store. No more manually adding files into directories.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
This is really awesome! Maybe it is a idea that people can submit their own plugins in the store to use in the website.

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
Oh this is cool, I've seen stuff like this before and they're amazing; hope you continue this one, as for the taskbar, should either make it re-sizable (if possible) or let us able to move it to the top, left or right or add some sort of theme changer for colors would look greater (imo). - Keep it up.

Jian

Resident Weeb
Contributor
Sep 2, 2011
Oh this is cool, I've seen stuff like this before and they're amazing; hope you continue this one, as for the taskbar, should either make it re-sizable (if possible) or let us able to move it to the top, left or right or add some sort of theme changer for colors would look greater (imo). - Keep it up.
Thanks for your suggestions, I'll take it into consideration. And ye, I will definitely add a theme changer in later versions of the script.

UPDATE
New Features
  • Windows
  • Taskbar
  • "Install App" API
Removed
  • Start Menu
Changes
  • Neater file structure
  • New Style (Taskbar and Window Styles)
Coming Soon
  • Feature: Windows API Full Screen
  • Themes
Download link has been updated. Thanks for using jOS PHP!

Beast

Posting Freak
Sep 15, 2011
Thanks for your suggestions, I'll take it into consideration. And ye, I will definitely add a theme changer in later versions of the script.

UPDATE
New Features
  • Windows
  • Taskbar
  • "Install App" API
Removed

• Start Menu
Changes

• Neater file structure
  • New Style (Taskbar and Window Styles)
Coming Soon

• Feature: Windows API Full Screen
  • Themes
Download link has been updated. Thanks for using jOS PHP!

Your site seems down? :s

Jian

Resident Weeb
Contributor
Sep 2, 2011
UPDATE
An updated version is up for demo with a more flexible window system! It will be released once bugs are fixed and the "Theme changer" feature added.

Gajeel

Oct 4, 2011
You missed a letter n, mind putting that in? ;) Nice jOS, hoping this would be finished a.s.a.p. :)
You must be registered for see images attach

Users who are viewing this thread