jsRoom - Room Engine journey

doe

Jan 29, 2021
Hello guys,
today I will introduce you my Habbo Room Engine called jsRoom. This project is (currently) written in plain JavaScript with NodeJS as Server.

1. Why this Project?
Well, I can imagine this is a question some people may ask me when I introduce you to my Project. In the last few weeks we got introduced into some Habbo Developming Projects (sadly, when I have to be specific there only two that got really released) like Nitro and Shroom. These Projects are very exciting and I though myself: Yeah, why you don't give it a try and do your own HTML5 Project? I though a lot about this in the past years and got very inspired from other Projects like Apollo, a Project from our german scene that was also developing by Johnix the shroom developer.

After Nitro got more heated up and got released (and settling a big milestone for this scene and his indeptendencie) and also shroom did an incrediable and super nice progress I got very inspired to start my own Room Engine.

Here we are! Now after a few days I'm here introducing jsRoom... !

2. ... but there is one thing you have to consider
This Project is in very early state and top of that this is my very first project into game developing. I never did this before. This isn't is a presentation for a Room Engine that competitve with the other two amazing projects. This here is "only" a journey, like a development diary how I progress into this project. I got very very exicted and I'm motivated to keep this thing up.

So you have to consider, that this project is a learning project :)

The cool thing is: I really don't like project presentation with the indent to release this project and be open source for everyone and don't providing at this point a link to the source code. So this project is at the beginning Open Source and can found at github here:
So, happy reading! :D

Screenshots:
31.01.2021 - Room drawing
KfcbyQg.png
Post automatically merged:

LOL i didn't knew that this thread was approved since it got deleted first time. Thank you! :D Well, in the last few days I worked on the canvas. Instead of continue my working on canvas I will recode my little "base" with TypeScript : )

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread