Show DevBest [jQuery] Border Radius

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
If you're a web developer, you're probably familiar with the border-radius feature in CSS3. In my opinion, it's a complete pain in the ass to write 5 lines of code to achieve the effect of curved borders, so I wrote a little JavaScript code that will do it for you.

It only took me 2 minutes so I don't really care about sharing it. Use as you wish.

Usage is very, very easy.

It can be used on any element on a web page and can be extended to support specified areas of the border, such as top-left etc if you have the time to do so.

HTML:
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
    <head>
        <title>JavaScript Border Radius</title>
        <script type="text/javascript" src="http://code.jquery.com/jquery-latest.js"></script>
        <script type="text/javascript">
        $(function(){
            $("[data-border-radius]").each(function(i,a){
                var br = $(a).attr("data-border-radius");
                if ($.isNumeric(br)) {
                    $(a).css({
                        "border-radius": br + "px",
                        "-webkit-border-radius": br + "px",
                        "-moz-border-radius": br + "px",
                        "-o-border-radius": br + "px",
                        "-khtml-border-radius": br + "px"
                    });
                }
            });
        });
        </script>
    </head>

<body>
        <h3>Original</h3>
        <div style="background-color: #000000; height: 100px; width: 100px;"></div>

<hr />

<h3>JavaScript edit</h3>
        <div style="background-color: #000000; height: 100px; width: 100px;" data-border-radius="10"></div>
    </body>
</html>

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
Is it compatible in every browser (excluding shitty older versions of IE)?
Suppose this will come in handy if you have a lot of content boxes on your site, thanks!

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
Is it compatible in every browser (excluding shitty older versions of IE)?
Suppose this will come in handy if you have a lot of content boxes on your site, thanks!
It's compatible with modern browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari etc. As for Internet Explorer I'm not entirely sure, maybe they've added the border-radius feature in the new version but I've not tried it.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
Nice release, stuff like this makes me want to learn JavaScript. As for the cross-browser asked, as far as I know the border-radius variable supports IE.

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
Nice release, stuff like this makes me want to learn JavaScript. As for the cross-browser asked, as far as I know the border-radius variable supports IE.
I know that the css alternative is supported by the latest IE. Just wasn't too sure if the jquery one was.

Users who are viewing this thread