Java / Node.JS Learning Sites?

Kawaii

Jul 24, 2014
So recently I've started learning Java. I've gotton through the basic stuff, and I've been using thenewboston but it's boring as fuck, any decent sites which are quite fast paced and easy to learn from with a lot of detail?
---
Also, I'm wanting to learn Node.JS, any good videos? Reading text bores me hence my lack of reading the docs on the site, zzzz.

Doge

Jan 12, 2012
Yes but Node in itself is a different language. I understand it's built upon Javascript but it's still a sepa rate language as far as I'm concerned :p
My favourite part was how it's got the Javascript extension. SWAG, WE DON'T NEED NO .NJS WHEN WE CAN USE .JS.

It's Js.

You can learn java by writing minecraft plugins ( that's wat im doing, helps alot )
Might be an okay way to learn Java, but what about when you've been developing bukkit plugins for a while and decide to sell your skills? What if I paid you for a gui and then you give me something for Minecraft? I might not play Minecraft, I might be an accountant. Who knows.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kawaii

Jul 24, 2014
My favourite part was how it's got the Javascript extension. SWAG, WE DON'T NEED NO .NJS WHEN WE CAN USE .JS.

It's Js.
I know that but it's still a separate language from Javascript, correct me if I'm wrong but it's a server side language, Javascript itself is client side. >.<

Users who are viewing this thread