1. Tired of not being able to see links? Want to chat with other members? Need help?

Is religion good or bad for humanity?

Discussion in 'Debate' started by Wess, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Khalil

Khalil Savior of Humanity

The only thing that has ever changed as far as the Israel situation is concerned, is that it grows stronger by every passing year while the Arab world falls into dissonance.

I never argued for common sense being so popular, you added that on your own when I've only said that some of what you listed was purely common sense to those who appreciate and abide by it.

They do take example from your "Yesuhua", because to them he's a prophet and his word matters; but why would they listen to Jesus in that regard when Muhammad says the same thing and much much more?

Quackster likes this.
  2. Ecko

Ecko 23:37 [autobots] -!- eckostylez [[email protected]]

I would say that ISIS ideology differs quite greatly from the core teaches of Islam. Much like the ideology of the LRA differs from the teachings of Christianity and the ideology of the JDL heavily differs from that of Judaism.

NathanCarn3y, HDN and griimnak like this.
  3. Wess

Wess BYPASSING OVERRIDE Staff Member FindRetros Moderator

Another thing to back this up is the fact ISIS also attack other Islamic groups.

NathanCarn3y likes this.
  4. Khalil

Khalil Savior of Humanity

Something that was known to Islam and Muslims long before such a thing as organized Islamic terrorist groups even appeared. Take the shitload of blood that was spilled directly following the death of Muhammad over his successor (the new Khalifa of Muslims), the blood made to spill after Abu Bakr's succession and election, the many battles and conflicts between the Sunni Muslims followers of Umar and Abu Bakr against the Muslim Rafideen followers of Ali and Imam Hussein. - Heck, even the many conflicts that emerged between the followers of the different schools of the four great Imams of Islam.

Saying that ISIS attacking other Muslims is proof that their ideology differs from that of Islam is not only idiotic but also neglects the rich history Islam has of conflicts and wars between its very own factions.

I won't argue something I've no understanding for, so I'll stick to Islam and ISIS; if you want to debate or discuss differences in their shared ideology, I'll be happy to engage.

Quackster and griimnak like this.
  5. Ecko

Ecko 23:37 [autobots] -!- eckostylez [[email protected]]

If you take Islam out of the equation, those same tribes were already going to war with each other repeatedly (and would have continued to do so afterward without Islam). Notice how you stated this all happened after Muhammad died? Surely if it was something inherent in Islam, it would have been happening at the same time as when he was alive.
    Feel free to create a new thread on if you'd like :) Don't want to hijack this one completely.[/quote][/QUOTE]

Khalil likes this.
  6. Quackster

Quackster Hackerman

Religion has caused nothing but pain and suffering, look at history and all you see is blood spilt in the name of God (or many gods). It doesn't take very far either to reach the conclusion that religion is inheritantly dangerous to society because it adds just another element of tribalism to fight over, and humans are tribalistic enough already.

Also when people are discussing Islam, there is actually two parts to Islam, you have the religious and spiritual side of Islam, and then you have the political side - which are the Islamists and those wanting to establish a Caliphate, implement Sharia law, etc (like Islamic State) for example. Islam is different from other major religions because there's not only the religious side of it, but the political side also - and that threatens the west.

griimnak and Wess like this.
  7. Mystical

Mystical Member

This is good related to how humanity is good or bad why? ISIS are muslim's, Muslim's aren't ISIS.

8. Sentinel

Sentinel github.com/marcus-sa

They aren't Muslims lol, they pretend to be or claim they are.

9. Mystical

Mystical Member

I think Religion can be good and bad, it can help people out of depression, give people hope etc,
    I'm not trying to say Religion is 100% great for everybody, but it seriously can help, for instance,
    Most African Religons, are just saying follow us, believe us, you will go to heaven.
    Most first-world religons i.e Christianity, tells us to be good to each-other, and to build & create heaven on earth, and that's why I think most first-world countries have gone so well, is because of Religion, now obviously most people now-adays have converted to Atheism, because most people see the scientific flaws in the bible and other religons, I'm a christian but still, respect other religons, atheism etc.
    --
    EDIT: Not saying Atheism is a religion lmao.

Sentinel likes this.
  10. Wess

Wess BYPASSING OVERRIDE Staff Member FindRetros Moderator

Shut. up.

> and that's why I think most first-world countries have gone so well
    Religion has been responsible for stopping scientific research for a long time.

Sentinel, Quackster and Mystical like this.
  11. Mystical

Mystical Member

Yes I agree with that, but obviously not all religous people try to hold up science, as a christian I still believe in science, big bang theory etc etc,
    But yes some people halt it, which I still struggle to understand.

12. Quackster

Quackster Hackerman

They ARE Muslims, they are Islamists, which are political Islamic advocates.

Read it. [ Want to see this link? Register ! ]

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
    Ethereal and Mystical like this.
  13. Mystical

Mystical Member

They are muslims, literally they are fighting for an Islamic State, I mean blowing yourself up... How much more dedicated can you get?