Introducing Project Tango [Sneak Peak]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jian

Resident Weeb
Contributor
Sep 2, 2011
Thanks for the nice words and encouragement. As of now, the moderators' panel is done. All that's left if the administrators' panel.
As promised, I have put the default style of TangoBB up online for the public. You can find it here:
Also, I am still building up a team for TangoBB, if you are interested, please PM me.

Jian

Resident Weeb
Contributor
Sep 2, 2011
This is amazing, great job!
Thanks!

Update
Demo updated to Alpha #2 (Changes )
Demo:

I have also updated the template system to handle basic Blade syntaxes (Credits to Laravel Framework).
You can check out the updated theme here:

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
Signed up, had a little browse around and here are my thoughts/suggestiones/etc:

The grey on that green doesn't look good
UYMOBmn.png

I like the green, just not the grey, I'd change that to something else.

eutw.png

I'd push the container down from the 'Tango - The project...' text.

IU4cAgO.png

I'd change the styling on the WYSIWYG editor, it's ugly.

The avatar uploader is annoying, I don't have many 200x200 or less images, you should up the limit, but then resize the images. Can be done with a nifty little PHP script that you can easily find on Google.

Other than that I like it, good work.

Queef

Some people...
Jul 27, 2012
Finally got around to registering today and noticed a few things that could be altered to make it more user-friendly. For example:
  • When you register for the first time, it should automatically sign you in straight after registration, you shouldn't have to manually sign in right after you've made an account.
  • If you falsely type in your details whilst trying to sign in, it shouldn't take you to another page just to display 1 error, it should just reload the page and the error message will be displayed somewhere on that page.
  • Do something with this,
    cxgPwjn.png
    Not exactly sure what but it looks really unorganized.
  • Display more information about the user on profile pages. (Would of thought you have that in mind for later updates though.)

HowToHayden

Oct 16, 2013
Looks really nice! Love how it looks like it can be integrated into a website. Will sign up for a test later. :)

Sent from my iPhone using

Jian

Resident Weeb
Contributor
Sep 2, 2011
Signed up, had a little browse around and here are my thoughts/suggestiones/etc:

The grey on that green doesn't look good
UYMOBmn.png

I like the green, just not the grey, I'd change that to something else.

eutw.png

I'd push the container down from the 'Tango - The project...' text.

IU4cAgO.png

I'd change the styling on the WYSIWYG editor, it's ugly.

The avatar uploader is annoying, I don't have many 200x200 or less images, you should up the limit, but then resize the images. Can be done with a nifty little PHP script that you can easily find on Google.

Other than that I like it, good work.
The first two are just the theme, they can be customised by the developers. And I see the problem with the WYSIWYG editor, that has been changed and returned back to the viewer instead of the BBCode Mode.

Finally got around to registering today and noticed a few things that could be altered to make it more user-friendly. For example:
  • When you register for the first time, it should automatically sign you in straight after registration, you shouldn't have to manually sign in right after you've made an account.
  • If you falsely type in your details whilst trying to sign in, it shouldn't take you to another page just to display 1 error, it should just reload the page and the error message will be displayed somewhere on that page.
  • Do something with this,
    cxgPwjn.png
    Not exactly sure what but it looks really unorganized.
  • Display more information about the user on profile pages. (Would of thought you have that in mind for later updates though.)
I am doing an experiment with the register system to mess with the account activation for future releases, so that might stick around a little longer, sorry.
I have fixed that, thank you for pointing that out with the login form.
That is the styling of the default theme of TangoBB, developers are free to change the placement of that.

UPDATE
TangoBB is finally finished, though there are still some bugs that are not fixed, and will be in the future. I have set the release date of the Beta product to the public (Source Code) on the 30th of November. The aim for this release is to allow future developers look on how TangoBB works from the code level to the design level. The official release of the end-product will not be announced yet as we have features to add and bugs to fix during the beta.
A teaser: A special something from Sean Davies will be included on the official release of TangoBB.

P.S. The demo has been updated.

Last edited:

Logic

Bobby Billionaire
Feb 8, 2012
I don't know if this has been suggested, but upon page switching from "Forums" to "Members," the "Sign In" and "Register" completely move opposite from each other. Like, one minute they'll be aligned properly, then when you switch to "Members," they align differently.

Also maybe do some type of page switching rather than having it refresh every time? You can see that they refresh which kinda seems odd. Last but not least, hopefully you'll find something to fill up the left side of the forums while browsing in actual sections and threads.

Jian

Resident Weeb
Contributor
Sep 2, 2011
I don't know if this has been suggested, but upon page switching from "Forums" to "Members," the "Sign In" and "Register" completely move opposite from each other. Like, one minute they'll be aligned properly, then when you switch to "Members," they align differently.

Also maybe do some type of page switching rather than having it refresh every time? You can see that they refresh which kinda seems odd. Last but not least, hopefully you'll find something to fill up the left side of the forums while browsing in actual sections and threads.
Sorry, but I won't really understand what you are trying to say.

Update
The demo has been updated!

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010

They only align differently because of the scrollbar that will appear on the right hand side of your screen because the page-content is too long.

Logic

Bobby Billionaire
Feb 8, 2012
Sorry, but I won't really understand what you are trying to say.

Update
The demo has been updated!

Mark answered the top part for me. But, as far as the page content.. you can see it refreshing when going to page to page. If you look at Ajax content, it all loads to the middle or wherever you want it to load.

Jian

Resident Weeb
Contributor
Sep 2, 2011
Mark answered the top part for me. But, as far as the page content.. you can see it refreshing when going to page to page. If you look at Ajax content, it all loads to the middle or wherever you want it to load.
I will not implement Ajax because it will be a hassle for forms when submitted. And, the template system is already coded in such a way that it will be hard to implement Ajax into the core for the themes.

UPDATE
The official project website is finally up!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread