Ideas...

Brad

Jun 5, 2012
So, some of you may know that I've been working on a file sharing site for some time now. But I'm in need of some ideas on how to make it stand out from the rest.

Currently each user gets 2.5GB free file storage on sign up and Premium users will get 50GB storage for £2.99 a month.

Here is the current site.
UgPqpsg.png

as9Deec.png

eQghF3j.png

RvCkKhc.png

8f2cb3ac45424cfaae83ab8dcceaa7b9.png

6c59f2b43ca84dc38f5ef3d7764e3e4f.png
Also the index is plain, so if you have any ideas let me know :)

Last edited:

Wickd

The first member of the Knights of the Pink Table
Jan 15, 2013
HOW DARE YOU WESTY STAB RASTA IN THE BACK LIKE THAT, HE TOOK YOU IN WHEN NO ONE ELSE WOULD.
YOU PIECE OF SHIT!

#SHAREFAST4EEVER #SRAFEFAST4LYF #SHAREFASTISDABEST #FKYOUWESTYTRAITOR

Ethereal

Neurotic Male
May 18, 2013
Personally, I would find the presence of text editor a great edition to the UI. Nothing flashy, just a lightweight editor, though it would be nice to have one that could edit various languages. :up:

Brad

Jun 5, 2012
Personally, I would find the presence of text editor a great edition to the UI. Nothing flashy, just a lightweight editor, though it would be nice to have one that could edit various languages. :up:
Currently you can view the contents of the file but not edit, but the editor will definitely be added. I'm currently looking for people who are amazing with GFX, as you can see the logos are rather poo lol

Also, more APIs are being added. but Google API won't actually work until I get a domain for Access & same with Dropbox.

The site is now live - Please note, we are still undergoing changes.

Brought

更加努力
Jan 14, 2013
It looks good so far, good job. I think that an underline of the top header/title area and an outline of the content boxes would be, beneficial for making those parts of the site more independent and not make the whole site look as squished together.

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
Sustainability? Can it run if user count increases without drying your bank account?

Drag to upload function would be nice.

Edit: Just seen the live site, here are some feedback comments:

• It seems a little silly to have both registration and login sections shown to you, maybe have one box with the login form and use some javascript to switch over is a user isn't registered - it's easier on the eyes and super simple (much like you have with the 'recover' option)!
  • A new background image each first visit would nice, something new to see
  • Remove the "Upgrade" link for someone who isn't even a user - the chances are very slim someone will even be interested in upgrading before they even register
  • vertically center the logo
  • I'm asked to accept the t&c's but where are they? What are they?
Just a couple of little amendments you could make; it's all my own personal opinion from experience so it's your call man! Nice work though, keep it up :) would like to see where this goes.

Last edited:

Brad

Jun 5, 2012
Sustainability? Can it run if user count increases without drying your bank account?

Drag to upload function would be nice.

Edit: Just seen the live site, here are some feedback comments:

• It seems a little silly to have both registration and login sections shown to you, maybe have one box with the login form and use some javascript to switch over is a user isn't registered - it's easier on the eyes and super simple (much like you have with the 'recover' option)!
  • A new background image each first visit would nice, something new to see
  • Remove the "Upgrade" link for someone who isn't even a user - the chances are very slim someone will even be interested in upgrading before they even register
  • vertically center the logo
  • I'm asked to accept the t&c's but where are they? What are they?
Just a couple of little amendments you could make; it's all my own personal opinion from experience so it's your call man! Nice work though, keep it up :) would like to see where this goes.
I definitely agree with everything you said.
The upgrade link was there because the login & main page was going to be different & I just haven't removed it :p. The logo is being changed soon, when I find someone who is good with GFX lol and for the backgrounds, soon I'm going to be integrating the Pexels API which will allow multiple images slideshow through. ( )

anyhow, yeah I 100% agree with you, this is why this thread was posted to get better ideas & to fix those that wasn't :). Thank you for your feedback man, really appreciated.

Quick updates.
  • Fixed Password limit.
  • Added Google API.
  • Added Twitter API.
  • Dropbox API to be added soon.

Another update. Decided to go with What @Sysode Suggested with the login.
FJP0spq.png

Main images have been updated.

This project has been started again, updates to be posted soon.

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
Finally,

Competition to fight against Josh's dictatorship and firm grasp on Sharefast and our file sharing community

ONT look nice but your admin panel design needs worked on

Brad

Jun 5, 2012
Finally,

Competition to fight against Josh's dictatorship and firm grasp on Sharefast and our file sharing community

ONT look nice but your admin panel design needs worked on
thank you.

Site will be up tomorrow for BETA testers. PM me for more info.

Users who are viewing this thread