Recruiting HybridHabbo - Now Hiring! [HabboRP & Classic]

Linkestt

Truth is treason in the empire of lies
Nov 8, 2013
For quite sometime I've been working on a project that is considered a "50/50" concept for Habbo. Previously known as 'NaHabbo' - I found myself either losing ambition, not being financially able to fund it (due to real-life events), the development team ditching the project, or just simply failing all together. I've honestly made mistakes in the past by falling into drama and toxic behavior with certain trolls and/or individuals that called me out on being dishonest about having features implemented based on my expectations for the project. So I took some advice from a friend and attempted to go towards a 'rebrand' - new name, new project, new everything. I am now seeing that advice wasn't necessarily the right thing to take and I should've just kept things professional and to just let the work speak for itself instead of attempting from starting from scratch. This isn't an apology letter but I am genuinely sorry for anyone I have may offended or had any back & fourths with, but we all know how this Habbo Retro community can get. I just found myself uptight in my ass with so much dedication behind NaHabbo to the point I would always come to its defense when someone doubted what I seen it to be. But after seeing how many other RP projects coming in the scene and those same individuals are doing the same in their Discord servers I came to realize that I wasn't a target after-all. This is just something that these individuals do. But again, the RP community is just in the hunt for something fully functional with the correct features where they can play and experience a good RP - so I do not blame them, but it can also be draining when you are putting hard work behind something they are already calling a "Flop Rp" or a "Fail" without even giving it a chance to launch. It's been 2/3 years since any good RP has been in the Habbo scene. There has been RP files leaked, released, and shared all throughout the community and yet anything "good enough" has launched. So if it was as easy as they think it is, it would've been done already, that is just something I wish they would understand.

We plan on continuing the Hybrid concept where the server will provide players the option to switch between two different modes which is called 'Classic Mode' or 'Roleplay Mode'. With this project being considered a "Hybrid" concept we decided to go with that name - Hybrid or Hybrid Habbo doesn't matter.

RECRUITMENT
For anyone who may be interested in joining our team we are open to adding some additional developers to make the progress more quicker and efficient as we do all have lives outside of developing and the internet. We will also be looking for some BETA testers, community moderators, room builders, and event coordinators once we are closer to a public launch date.

If you are interested in joining our team you can join our official Discord server:
We are open to suggestions and would love to hear your ideas on how we can better the experience for our community.

Lookazz

Dec 13, 2021
What I have noticed with all RP development over the years is that if the majority of users state the RP looks like a failure from the beginning even before its launch, they are 99% of the time correct, ive told you this already the RP community has standards you need to abide by, if you're trying to be original atleast stick within crucial standards and try build away as you progress, but anyways my point is if your initial feedback of the project before opening is "its bad etc.." thats a crucial wake up call, you say people didnt give it a chance and whatnot, but why would they if they think its bad from the beginning, if the RP is going to be successful than youd have a majority of users highly interested before its launch, dont take the communities opinions for granted

GooGoo

Jan 20, 2021
Then maybe also ban them from your server... 🤷‍♀️
If you know you know. That's not going to stop the troll with over 500 accounts.

What I have noticed with all RP development over the years is that if the majority of users state the RP looks like a failure from the beginning even before its launch, they are 99% of the time correct, ive told you this already the RP community has standards you need to abide by, if you're trying to be original atleast stick within crucial standards and try build away as you progress, but anyways my point is if your initial feedback of the project before opening is "its bad etc.." thats a crucial wake up call, you say people didnt give it a chance and whatnot, but why would they if they think its bad from the beginning, if the RP is going to be successful than youd have a majority of users highly interested before its launch, dont take the communities opinions for granted
FR, he has to understand how an RP works if he's trying to appease that community not just create anything because it's different, unique, or hasn't been done. Not everything that is new means it will be good, some people don't even like change. It really depends I guess. He needs to do some research. For example, ask yourself why do you think people liked peak?

Last edited:

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
If you know you know. That's not going to stop the troll with over 500 accounts.

FR, he has to understand how an RP works if he's trying to appease that community not just create anything because it's different, unique, or hasn't been done. Not everything that is new means it will be good, some people don't even like change. It really depends I guess. He needs to do some research. For example, ask yourself why do you think people liked peak?
people liked peak because it was consistently online with steady updates. it didn't do anything too crazy aside from slowly copying features from HabboRP, World of Habbo and Fabbo but the stability of it let the community grow

Any RP in those years were consistently hitting 50+ but most didn't stay up past a month or two

Linkestt

Nov 8, 2013
people liked peak because it was consistently online with steady updates. it didn't do anything too crazy aside from slowly copying features from HabboRP, World of Habbo and Fabbo but the stability of it let the community grow

Any RP in those years were consistently hitting 50+ but most didn't stay up past a month or two
Longevity is what made Peak so popular and their constant updates. Then again it was managed properly and also did introduce some new unique features. They did set the bar high but @LeChris is right about the success of it, the community had to learn and get use to the way fighting/combat worked and any other feature(s). Sad thing about it all, if you don't code the combat system exactly the way Peak had it then it'll be considered a "fail combat system". @GooGoo was right when he said sometimes people don't like change and would rather stick to something they know.
I actually do cater to the communities opinions and always ensure to ask them what are some features they would like to see in the RP we are developing. On Hybrid our users voice matters more than what we believe we should do, due to the fact that we want to provide the best user-experience.
Our goal is to keep things traditional and standard but also mix in our own ideas. For example, we have no problem implementing anything from Peak but it won't be exactly how it was on Peak but more advanced. For example, the way the Taxi System worked we'll probably turn that into a Uber System and actually have users have to wait on a uber to appear which would probably be a bot Uber Driver or something similar.

Lookazz

Dec 13, 2021
we'll probably turn that into a Uber System
The amount of times RPs have changed taxi to uber thinking its original is astonishing to me
Post automatically merged:

True, but also equally true and more aplicable is that people dont know what they want untill you give it to them, one thing that remains universal for the success of any game though is its graphics, if you have a good concept, any kind of concept, with poor graphics it will fail, you can create outside the bounds of norm with great graphics

Last edited:

Linkestt

Nov 8, 2013
The amount of times RPs have changed taxi to uber thinking its original is astonishing to me
Even if we did it wouldn't work similar to the Taxi but would be an entirely new system. Where you would actually have to wait for an Uber through the Phone App. Might even turn Uber to a corp, who knows.

GooGoo

Jan 20, 2021
So like a taxi?
Taxi System worked we'll probably turn that into a Uber System and actually have users have to wait on a uber to appear which would probably be a bot Uber Driver or something similar.

Yea, this is practically not new. It's the same way the RPs have done it only thing you are changing is renaming it to Uber which is not a new idea either. It's just modernizing the feature name.
This is the new taxi system at least. The old one was just an instant teleport to the targeted room.

The reason they don't use actual users for taxis is that they mess around too much and would most likely drag you in the opposite direction on purpose. With an automated taxi, you get rid of that risk. You could put a timer but then what's the purpose of having the user be the taxi driver to begin with? So there are a couple of flaws with it being an actual corp. However, you could make it work the idea is there just have to execute it right. Similar to how Paramedics work I guess (timers) if the user doesn't reach the destination by a specified time they get teleported to the room you just have to calculate it. If you choose to go the bot route you have to coordinate the bot to navigate certain paths, whichever is shortest based on coordinates or however you see fit.

Some of these claimed new features aren't new which just means you aren't paying attention or don't know much of how rp works nowadays. That's why I told you to research. But good luck on your rp nevertheless.

Last edited:

Derpec

Retrosetups.com | Professional, Reliable, Setups
Feb 21, 2012
Why does this recruitment thread always veer off-topic? It seems like the moderators here aren't doing their job to keep things on track. I'm not taking sides, but I've noticed this happening frequently in threads created by users like Puffin, Me, Sarbaz, LeChris, and others. Let's stay focused on what the original poster needs, and if you want to discuss RP, please use the chatbox or the designated Discord channels.

GooGoo

Jan 20, 2021
Why does this recruitment thread always veer off-topic? It seems like the moderators here aren't doing their job to keep things on track. I'm not taking sides, but I've noticed this happening frequently in threads created by users like Puffin, Me, Sarbaz, LeChris, and others. Let's stay focused on what the original poster needs, and if you want to discuss RP, please use the chatbox or the designated Discord channels.
We are open to suggestions and would love to hear your ideas on how we can better the experience for our community.
I think you just aren't reading I get he always likes to write unnecessarily long paragraphs but there was more to it than just recruiting. I would argue that this line alone would allow us to give suggestions not everyone wants to join his team or discord server. The ones that do want to be recruited I assume would have joined by now and if you don't want any activity on it just close it as he already provided where to join🤷.

Last edited:

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
wow u should be mod

Linkestt

Nov 8, 2013
@Derpec It's fine, everyone is just giving their inputs and opinions. No harm, no foul. I asked for suggestions anyway, it's important that people like @GooGoo and other experienced RP players provide feedback. It'll only stir me in the right direction on where to bring the RP and its features.

Lookazz

Dec 13, 2021
It seems like the moderators here aren't doing their job to keep things on track.
Give them a break this site is kinda inactive anyways so any kind of activity even if its ever so slightly off-topic is a plus, keeping users engaged, besides, the topic is essentially his project development.. so not really off-topic at all bozo

Linkestt

Nov 8, 2013
Give them a break this site is kinda inactive anyways so any kind of activity even if its ever so slightly off-topic is a plus, keeping users engaged, besides, the topic is essentially his project development.. so not really off-topic at all bozo
That's funny cause I remember saying this to one of the mods here and he said he didn't want that type of drama and activity over here at DevBest but in reality that's whats keeping the site active anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread