HybridCMS [OOP-MVC][DEV-W/Source]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khalil

IDK
Dec 6, 2011
What i will be working on this week and next week!
  1. Basic CMS Functions, Login, Register, Logout .. ect
Basic CMS functions are not 'Login, Register, Logout', that's a user system, basic CMS functions are the ability to edit the content of the website through the administration panel.

I noticed this code snippet:

PHP:
    if(isset($config, $config['domain']))
    {
        $location = sprintf('Location: http://%s/404', $config['domain']);
        header($location);
    }
Please, do use that code snippet, and do use on the administration panel, so I can forbid the 302 HTTP redirection and access the administration panel. Dude, when you preform a HTTP redirection, you kill the page after preforming that action.

Code:
I can make HybridCMS available faster but the first usable release would lose these features
Multi-Emulator
Plugin System
Multi-Account System ( Maybe )
Multi-Language Support Via 3rd Party Service
Multi-Language Support Via internal service
An Advanced Administering System ( id be more like ase the first release )
No Theming Support in the beginning ( Habbo Theme would be used )
No Installer or Upgrading Script
That is a lot of code that needs to be implemented into HybridCMS, Not implementing these features would speed up development by 3 months with my schedule.
Code:
I can make HybridCMS available faster but the first usable release would lose these features
Multi-Emulator
Plugin System
That is a lot of code that needs to be implemented into HybridCMS, Not implementing these features would speed up development by 3 months with my schedule.
Also, themes support would not take a lot of time as you said, since you implemented the MVC pattern it wouldn't take much.

Du hell? Maybe i am over thinking it then. I know the unique key is there email address but making it work with multiple emulator database structures is not like just using phoenix/ubers structure by itself. RevDB has 2 tables for user data `habbo` and `users` i believe while SnowDB has no table structure for user account information ( authication/privileges )

Do you think i could take a peek at your code and see how you achieved multi account support?

As I mentioned earlier in an other thread, multiple accounts under one parent account doesn't not require the email address to be the parent, the parent can be either the original accounts' holder's id or the original accounts' holder's username or like what you said, the email address. Making a multi account system would actually be the easier feature to implement, all it takes you to do is to add a column in your users table called 'parent' or something, then when a user creates a new account it just fetches the new child account's parent from that column. Easy, nothing complex. You can contact me if you'd like support regarding that feature, I'd be glad to help around.

Nobody uses SnowDB, or RevDB for the most part. Uber, Phoenix, IDK, and Sierra are the only important database structures in my opinion. I just used the email address, and gave it an account unique id added to the structure, and it fetches your accounts based on if the email, and unique id matches yours.

Sierra? lol. Sierra's database structure is edited Phoenix, and 98% of the entire Habbo retros community doesn't/can't use Sierra as the many noobs who are now populating it have no experience nor knowledge with Java-built emulation software. So no, it's not so important.

Anywho, as a conclusion of my reply: You're doing good so far, the code can be improved, security can be improved, everything can be well imporved with enough dedication and will, keep it up!

Last edited:

GarettM

Posting Freak
Aug 5, 2010
Basic CMS functions are not 'Login, Register, Logout', that's a user system, basic CMS functions are the ability to edit the content of the website through the administration panel.

I noticed this code snippet:

PHP:
    {
        header($location);
    }
Please, do use that code snippet, and do use on the administration panel, so I can forbid the 302 HTTP redirection and access the administration panel. Dude, when you preform a HTTP redirection, you kill the page after preforming that action.

Code:
Multi-Emulator
Plugin System
Code:
Multi-Emulator
Plugin System
Also, themes support would not take a lot of time as you said, since you implemented the MVC pattern it wouldn't take much.

As I mentioned earlier in an other thread, multiple accounts under one parent account doesn't not require the email address to be the parent, the parent can be either the original accounts' holder's id or the original accounts' holder's username or like what you said, the email address. Making a multi account system would actually be the easier feature to implement, all it takes you to do is to add a column in your users table called 'parent' or something, then when a user creates a new account it just fetches the new child account's parent from that column. Easy, nothing complex. You can contact me if you'd like support regarding that feature, I'd be glad to help around.

Sierra? lol. Sierra's database structure is edited Phoenix, and 98% of the entire Habbo retros community doesn't/can't use Sierra as the many noobs who are now populating it have no experience nor knowledge with Java-built emulation software. So no, it's not so important.

Anywho, as a conclusion of my reply: You're doing good so far, the code can be improved, security can be improved, everything can be well imporved with enough dedication and will, keep it up!
Thank you!! i am still learning to program every day while i am working on this project so that means a lot :p

And for the redirection error i actually noticed that
PHP:
    {
        header($location);
    }
was changed to
PHP:
if(!defined('HybridSecure'))
{
    if(class_exists('\Hybrid\Application\Library\Configuration', true) !== false)
    {
        try {
            $application = \Hybrid\Application\Library\Configuration::get('app');
            if(isset($application['url']) && (false == strpos('404', $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'])))
            {
                if(!headers_sent())
                {
                    $location = sprintf('Location: %s/404', $application['url']);
                    header($location);
                } else {
                    echo sprintf('<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0; url=%s/404" />', $application['url']);
                }
                unset($application);
            }
        } catch(\Exception $ex) {}
    }
    echo 'Sorry a internal application error has occurred.';
    $error = sprintf('[AUTH] The file %s was denied access', basename(__FILE__));
    error_log($error);
    exit;
}

Oh that makes sense i am still new to MySQL and i and i felt personally felt that making the email address the primary key ("parent") would make it easier for finding accounts.

Thanks @Khalil i am not very experienced php developer so sometimes my choices or design patterns don't make much sense.

Khalil

IDK
Dec 6, 2011
It's alright, hey everybody has to start somewhere! ;)

Oh by the way, kill the page inside the if statement is over too otherwise it'll just kill the page after the if statement's conditions were checked and done.

RyanzRetros

Developer of ChakCMS
Jan 14, 2015
Looks good enough, coding isn't the tidiest from what I have seen on other releases but I can't complain as I do not code... Phoenix and Gold Tree Emulator (A great Phoenix edit which shouldn't have been renamed are the most popular R63 emulators. As for R63b, either Plus or Mercury.

AronVW

Nov 17, 2012
One does not simply put a claim that the name is their's without purchasing copyright
Do you even know what you are talking about? Copyright means: someone MADE something himself and so he has all rights over it. You can't purchase copyright. Names can't be copyrighted either. The can e trademarked however.

Either way this claim is still invalid, since this is not Hybrid Hotel but Hybrid CMS.

RyanzRetros

Developer of ChakCMS
Jan 14, 2015
Do you even know what you are talking about? Copyright means: someone MADE something himself and so he has all rights over it. You can't purchase copyright. Names can't be copyrighted either. The can e trademarked however.

Either way this claim is still invalid, since this is not Hybrid Hotel but Hybrid CMS.
REKT, By the way, welcome to Devbest.

GarettM

Posting Freak
Aug 5, 2010

either way if you did copyright hybridcms or hybridhotel saluke would sue the hell out of you.

Sorry for the lack of updates i have been working on HybridEmulator for the last 2/3 weeks :p resuming HybridCMS friday

RyanzRetros

Developer of ChakCMS
Jan 14, 2015
either way if you did copyright hybridcms or hybridhotel saluke would sue the hell out of you.

Sorry for the lack of updates i have been working on HybridEmulator for the last 2/3 weeks :p resuming HybridCMS friday
Hey, if you need help on ideas, message me on Skype.

AronVW

Nov 17, 2012

Whatever you create the copyright of belongs to you. You can't copyright something, you just got it or not.

Can you show us something from HybridEmu?

RyanzRetros

Developer of ChakCMS
Jan 14, 2015
Come on guys, lets move away from the "Copyright discussion". It is off topic. I would like to see some snippets too :D

GarettM

Posting Freak
Aug 5, 2010
Whatever you create the copyright of belongs to you. You can't copyright something, you just got it or not.

Can you show us something from HybridEmu?
Come on guys, lets move away from the "Copyright discussion". It is off topic. I would like to see some snippets too :D
At the moment there is nothing to show i am still new to c++ and how habbo emulators work at the moment i am switching back to HybridCMS why i learn how to use the mysql connector library a little better. i will upload a new repo this after noon of what i have if you would like??

AaidenX

Jun 30, 2012
@GarettIsHere I hope you know that you cannot implement the MVC architecture in PHP as it is supposed to be. It's possible in ASP.NET and Desktop Applications Programming Languages.

GarettM

Posting Freak
Aug 5, 2010
@GarettIsHere I hope you know that you cannot implement the MVC architecture in PHP as it is supposed to be. It's possible in ASP.NET and Desktop Applications Programming Languages.
Your retarded MVC can be implemented in any language its a programming architecture not an additional feature.

I don't wanna work on hybrid right know I have to much on my plate with school and work I will still work on hybrid and update the repo sometime this month :p just a note

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread