How to set up a retro in 2024

henkii

Oct 4, 2024
Hi, i wondering how to setup an retro in thees days, long time since i did it, and what kind of server host do you perfer and where can i buy stuff?
The easier it is, the better it is

Server
Proxy
DDOS prtection(?)
CMS
Client (game)
Emulator(?)

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
See the tutorials section, there’s a tutorial in 3 parts that uses AtomCMS and Arcturus. As for hosting use something like xHost’s it’s cheap and the servers are solid.

Puffin

Mar 17, 2018
Hi, i wondering how to setup an retro in thees days, long time since i did it, and what kind of server host do you perfer and where can i buy stuff?
The easier it is, the better it is

Server
Proxy
DDOS prtection(?)
CMS
Client (game)
Emulator(?)

3 Part Tutorial on this forum as mentioned above

Proxy you can just get from Dippy, if you don't want to go thru the trouble of setting up ur own, he has a monthly rate I believe. Find them on the Krews Discords. You can buy plugins in Krews Marketplace.

I'd avoid the leaked plugin package, most are outdated and will break your hotel, and the devs wont provide you with support for them.

DDoS Protection - Cloudflare should be sufficient enough, upgrade your plan briefly if you need a bit of extra boost, but if appropriately setup, your cloudflare settings will be enough to thwart most attacks

CMS - Atom or Orion, I would suggest atom as Orion si no longer supported. But the rest of what you're asking is in the setup tutorial

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
Part one

Part two

Part three

xHost’s

Something with 4GB should be fine, use NameCheap for a domain and use Cloudflare for protection.

Users who are viewing this thread