How to make it so when you walk diagonally you don't stop?

Reecers

King of RP's duhhh
Nov 11, 2017
How do I make it so when I walk back and forth diagonally it doesn't stop on the diagonal tile and allows me to skip from tile to tile while only clicking the two?

As you can see it is stopping on the diagonal tile

Parsov

May 18, 2016
How do I make it so when I walk back and forth diagonally it doesn't stop on the diagonal tile and allows me to skip from tile to tile while only clicking the two?

As you can see it is stopping on the diagonal tile
Hello, You need AStar (dreampathfinder) built into your Room Maps and into your User Manager.

Depends what server you are using.

CosmoPeak

PeakRP.com
May 15, 2016
it's got nothing to do with pathfinder

assuming youre using plus, theres some code somewhere that doesnt let you walk if users are on the tile (probably something when updating goal, and also in checking valid steps in room user manager)

in plus your user isnt moved until the walk is complete, so youre still on the previous square until you finish walking, which blocks you or others clicking back to it

sometimes you glitch back if the square you were walking onto is no longer valid, so people might be able to stack if you do this, but theres other ways to stack anyway as the movement code leaves a lot to be desired, so its not a big deal

you'll need to add an extra check to see if everyone on a tile is walking, then allow the goal to be updated (check MoveAvatarEvent, it calls something to update the goal and checks tiles for users, cant remember what) + in the is valid method, dont return false if the square only has walking users on it

Parsov

May 18, 2016
it's got nothing to do with pathfinder

assuming youre using plus, theres some code somewhere that doesnt let you walk if users are on the tile (probably something when updating goal, and also in checking valid steps in room user manager)

in plus your user isnt moved until the walk is complete, so youre still on the previous square until you finish walking, which blocks you or others clicking back to it

sometimes you glitch back if the square you were walking onto is no longer valid, so people might be able to stack if you do this, but theres other ways to stack anyway as the movement code leaves a lot to be desired, so its not a big deal

you'll need to add an extra check to see if everyone on a tile is walking, then allow the goal to be updated (check MoveAvatarEvent, it calls something to update the goal and checks tiles for users, cant remember what) + in the is valid method, dont return false if the square only has walking users on it

It's in RoomUserManager.cs file. Under OnCycle method and I did my method with the new PathFinder I added. Which pretty much has those checks. I just called it in the file I wanted it to be in. You add it under a check that looks if the user is walking.

Users who are viewing this thread