How to make a banner for your hotel!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ajax

Social Reject
Aug 22, 2015
Was looking around to see some banners and how good people can make them and I come across some that aren't all that good looking. No Offence but yeah, anyway Just thought I'd try to help some of the newer people to making them ( I aint so good either like but whatever, just hope it helps some people out.)

Anyway. The first thing you're going to want to do is download a few things:
Paint.NET <------ Editing software You can use Photoshop if that's what you're comfortable using!
Volter (Goldfish) <------ Font
Banner template <------ Size = 510x100 or smaller (Banner templates can be located on Google Images as my tastes may be different to yours!)

HabboFont ( or any Font Generator) <------ For you logo!

Step 1:
You will firstly want to open your Banner template in Paint.NET by clicking the "Open" button on the top left and selecting the Banner Template you have!".

413faafe48744a068faebbe3e0a59750.png

Step 2: (probably the hardest step for some!)
Once your banner template is open, you will want to click the "Rectangle Select" tool, which is located on the top left of the toolbar. When you select that, you will need to select the bottom quarter of your banner. Now with the bucket tool change your colour to black but change it to a more transparent black . This creates a translucent (semi-transparent) line in which you're going to put your writing.

dd6588be5ab24078a0cfcdb66c061743.png
787df4cce19b4a1997545a4e773d974d.png

51c4b402ca7245d09c954562be82c9b7.png

Step 3:
After you have successfully made the translucent line at the bottom of your banner, you will want to Grab your Logo from the Font Generator you're using ( You will find an example logo below! ) And now all you have to do is copy+Paste your logo onto your banner!

Example.gif

Like so,
8d5da6193bc54dc88b7ade2d43d9d50d.png

Step 4:
Now time for the bottom text! Go to where your Volter Goldfish font is and put whatever text you want at the bottom of the the banner!

686ff40462dd418894d0bbfa32ceaa1a.png

Step 5:
Add any other content and resources to make it look better such as a slogan under the logo that we just pasted onto the banner. You can also add your avatar/pixel to the banner to make it personal to your specific character owning and founding the hotel that the banner is aimed at etc.

9c898ff59046423989026644c50ba4c4.png

Credit to; JPride for the banner template ( )

Yes, I know this isn't the most efficient or even a good banner tutorial but I hope this helped some new people. There is a few links down below for the stuff you will Need:
Paint.NET -
Volter Goldfish Font -
Font Generator - OR

Mikey

mmm Hi
May 26, 2012
Heres a pack of 60 banner templates if anyone needs them Credits to @Ultra

Ajax

Social Reject
Aug 22, 2015
If you need a tutorial for this, you shouldn't open a Hotel.
A tutorial on how to make a semi-decent banner?
banner1.png

giphy.gif

7qFnXwH.gif
Believe it or not, this is actually on findretros... Page 6
banner.png

tOFO1NE.png

NUIzCXj.png

cHeCLQ0.png

These just look like noone has even tried or they don't know how to make one look like some on findretros:
IYvxnJG.png

rfMKUyi.png

Np0JVdm.gif

lmHZta1.gif

But yeah, I am in total agreement with you, if you don't know how to make a banner you shouldn't open a hotel but if people want to I just want to help them, at least with a tutorial they can just get better at it?

Obbler

GFX Noob
Oct 2, 2016
banner1.png

giphy.gif

7qFnXwH.gif
banner.png

tOFO1NE.png

NUIzCXj.png

cHeCLQ0.png

These just look like noone has even tried or they don't know how to make one look like some on findretros:
IYvxnJG.png

rfMKUyi.png

Np0JVdm.gif

lmHZta1.gif

But yeah, I am in total agreement with you, if you don't know how to make a banner you shouldn't open a hotel but if people want to I just want to help them, at least with a tutorial they can just get better at it?

Thanks for referencing the Peace banner I made <3 <3

Nice tutorial, not of much use to myself but great for beginners getting into banners. Obviously with any banner you can be as creative as possible and there's much more to making something more complex (See the Habbi banner for example), but this tutorial would be a great start.

funkystrainz

Oct 12, 2016
This probably helped more people than you'd think, who probably just stumbled on it while looking for something else. A visual representation of the steps and the download links make it a sound tutorial, but even knowing the dimensions and the specific font is useful. Good job Theo

Ajax

Social Reject
Aug 22, 2015
Glad you didn't mark any of my banner's down as a total regret for me @Theo :)
Good tutorial!
haha cheers

This probably helped more people than you'd think, who probably just stumbled on it while looking for something else. A visual representation of the steps and the download links make it a sound tutorial, but even knowing the dimensions and the specific font is useful. Good job Theo
thanks <3_<3

Liam

To be or not to be
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Apr 10, 2013
banner1.png

giphy.gif

7qFnXwH.gif
banner.png

tOFO1NE.png

NUIzCXj.png

cHeCLQ0.png

IYvxnJG.png

rfMKUyi.png

Np0JVdm.gif

lmHZta1.gif

What's wrong with the Habbi banner?

Ajax

Social Reject
Aug 22, 2015
What's wrong with the Habbi banner?
Nothing the ones below "These just look like noone has even tried or they don't know how to make one look like some on findretros:" I find nice

Liam

To be or not to be
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Apr 10, 2013
Nothing the ones below "These just look like noone has even tried or they don't know how to make one look like some on findretros:" I find nice

Oh, my bad. I misunderstood.

Nice tutorial :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread