How to hide server ip in motto

Joshhh

Apr 13, 2016
Hello Devbest!
I have recently been on hotels, where they still have the "Exploit" (I'm guessing it's called that). Where you can type {server_IP} in your motto, and it would show up on your profile.
All you need to do is head to your class.template.php in the (wwwroot/app/class.template.php).

And find this code:
Code:
$this->setParams('server_ip', $_CONFIG['hotel']['server_ip']);

To help prevent users from using {server_IP} in their motto, just take that line of code out and save.
That's basically it.:up:
Any problems add my skype: Chicken.wings0101

CosmoPeak

PeakRP.com
May 15, 2016
I'd be careful with this, as it's used on the client page by default to connect to the emulator. Exposing your IP isn't really a threat, it will be obtainable whether you show it or not. What you can do is protect yourself if you're faced with attacks.

Joshhh

Apr 13, 2016
I'd be careful with this, as it's used on the client page by default to connect to the emulator. Exposing your IP isn't really a threat, it will be obtainable whether you show it or not. What you can do is protect yourself if you're faced with attacks.
It's still exposed either way, but this way it's taking it off the motto. But it doesn't interfere with the emulator, I've done it most of the times, but you can change it to anything else, don't need to delete it.

Poizone

Sep 7, 2011
Agreed. Why made it easier for them to get your ip at least make them put alittle work in for it lol.

Users who are viewing this thread