Help with good PC

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
I'm going to be buying a computer soon, and my budget is roughly $500, this will be used for development, and hopefully if I can, play Fallout 4. I have NEVER built a computer from scratch, but I took them apart and what not so maybe building could be a possibility. I was also wanting an intel i5, or i7. Thanks!

wite

Posting Freak
Aug 3, 2012
$500
Intel i5 or i7

Unless you want the rest of the build to be not too good, I suggest at that budget you stick to a decent i3, or even an AMD alternative.

TesoMayn

Boredom, it vexes me.
Oct 30, 2011
If you really want Intel expect to pay more

The cooler is optional, if leave stock you can get away with the stock cooler.
I would still get the thermal compound though, personally I never use the pre-applied shit

BIOS

ಠ‿ಠ
Apr 25, 2012
No it wouldn't be as good as Intel but it should be pretty usable for development 100% of the time and may run FO4 just not at max settings, if you don't play many games and don't mind lowering settings a little it might not really be an issue going for the lower budget build.

Ecko

23:37 [autobots] -!- eckostylez [[email protected]]
Nov 25, 2012
better off saving more so you can get a proper build instead of a budget build that won't be future proof

if you know how to shop around for deals you can build a nice pc. this cost me $900:
UcK.png

GarettM

Posting Freak
Aug 5, 2010
If its mainly for development focus on cpu and ram

Then save up for
  • Graphics card
  • SSD
Or go with a AMD build its up to you

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread