Habbo Roleplay

Zodiak

recovering crack addict
Nov 18, 2011
Short and sweet, not sure how many people actually still use the Habbo section of this forum, but I'm developing a roleplay since I've not seen many in some time and it's been a while since I've done any project in relation to Habbo. It's still in the very early stages. I've not even thought of an actual name yet, so I defaulted to HabLife, but that's subject to change. I'm not sure how long this will take but I'm hoping for a closed or open beta soon. All ideas and feedback would be appreciated.

I'm surprised that not many roleplays have popped up since flash died and nitro is now a thing, you're so much more free to add custom features with nitro and actually implement them in without an external websocket connection, though adding in packets is more work it's worth it in the long run IMO.

Progression will be posted to my discord (when I don't forget to post):
I'll try to update this thread as much as possible but will probably forget.

Will be looking for room builders, graphics artists and moderation eventually.

What's done:
Edited the nitro renderer to handle my packets differently.
Setup my own UI system, though I'll probably change and recode this a lot as development continues.
Packets for a taxi navigator / map.
Livefeed structure setup, emu just sends a packet with a name and an enum for the client to sort through for livefeed item types.
Selecting other users shows their current health/energy.
Hitting, though this will be worked on.
Taxi'ing.

Whats left to do:
A lot.

Last edited:

Liam

discord.gg/hivehub
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Apr 10, 2013
Looking forward to this. Will be following the development.

Good luck!

Liam

discord.gg/hivehub
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Apr 10, 2013
I really don't think it matters. It's the same discussion every time a new thread is posted regarding a new Habbo Roleplay server. Peak was good, but Peak is closed.

Please keep it on topic.

Zodiak

recovering crack addict
Nov 18, 2011
Mentioned this with pinkman via discord regardless of the roleplay most features will be the same peakrp was great and simple to use making anything better than peak is nearly imposiible unless custom features are added that havnt been done before
A lot of peaks earlier features were derivited from my original ideas/features, they just ended up expanding on them and making them better, peak did a good job and dominated in the roleplay scene so it's hard to not copy their ideas, though I don't think it's copying because everything thats been made has been made by somebody else anyway, I think expanding on others ideas is good and healthy for the community.
Goodluck.
Thank you!
Post automatically merged:

Hey ho, update bro.

Better updates in the discord btw.

Added corporation stuffs, hiring, firing, quitting, promoting, demoting, startwork, stopwork
Payments come from corporation banks (gonna do stuff with this later).

Added trash searching and farmable items.

Reworked some of my code so it's easier to manage and add on to.

Added a livefeed, this was a test image but the livefeed is now in working, cba to take another screenshot:
feed.gif

Selecting user brings up their health/energy stats top left, will add clickable avatar to show profile eventually:
nlV1jGPFRm2kbQtrgZOzDA.png

Added a little experience orb for all experience gainz:
exp_orb.gif

Last edited:

Ethical

PixelRP.
Nov 30, 2016
Good luck with this project Lucas, wishing you great success with it and looking forward to see what you do😁

Off-Topic: For anyone, coming to this thread to write about Peak, as @Liam already said “Peak was good, but peak is closed.” exactly that. I’m sick of seeing “it’ll never beat peak” “peak clone” bla bla bla basically being written off before development even starts. No matter what, any RP coming out is always going to have features or ideas similar to Peak, there’s no avoiding it - it’s what you can do with your own imagination to expand on features already created.

Last edited:

DDDDec

Tongue Boxing Champion 2023
May 30, 2017
Good luck with this project Lucas, wishing you great success with it and looking forward to see what you do😁

Off-Topic: For anyone, coming to this thread to write about Peak, as @Liam already said “Peak was good, but peak is closed.” exactly that. I’m sick of seeing “it’ll never beat peak” “peak clone” bla bla bla basically being written off before development even starts. No matter what, any RP coming out is always going to have features or ideas similar to Peak, there’s no avoiding it - it’s what you can do with your own imagination to expand on features already created.
On Topic: Nice update its coming together nicely i like how you did the farming indicator that's real neat man i like it!

Off Topic: i didn't mention it like this but its more on the biting off more than you can chew, Not saying zodiak isn't capable but i don't know him like that, Emerald heights did some stuff different and mine isn't remotely close to any feature peakrp had, It's not hard to be different but its hard to get a player base, For me its a i wont be playing if its a peakrp clone from how toxic peakrp got.

On Topic: NEVERTHELESS, Goodluck with your project i can see it becoming something better than peakrp its mainly keeping the dedication not getting tired of the negative stuff people will say and the toxic behavior that is still present right now in the roleplay community, I hope you don't quit even if this is just a passion project, i look forward to coming to play once its at a playable state!

Zodiak

recovering crack addict
Nov 18, 2011
Little progress update, this is kinda late, but oh well.

Added on to the xp orbs a little, added a little tooltip with information about your level and experience (the icons are fixed now these are old gifs)
tooltip_farm.gif

tooltip_gym.gif

Added some basic police-style commands
police.gif

Also added a packet and added on to the context menu of bots with the option to talk to them/trade them, will expand on this further when I get around to doing the logic of it.
KPM4XxhNS1-nHarNPsp-UQ.png

Zodiak

recovering crack addict
Nov 18, 2011
Whipped up a corportion tool, I'm shit at design so this will be reworked a lot, still need to add player corps and applying to it. Also made a start on gangs & gang turfs.
Fixed/reworked a bunch of shit that was messy or straight up broken.
corptool.gif

Zodiak

recovering crack addict
Nov 18, 2011
Made a turf capturing system, turfs will be a reasonably big area that can be captured, when you reach 100% your gang will capture the turf, if another gang enters the capture zone then it'll be contested.
If a gang already started capturing, you'll need to clear their percentage before capturing it yourself.

Think I'm going to make turfs give perks for that room and rooms around them, not 100% sure yet.
turfbasic.gif

Roper

Ancient Member
Jul 4, 2010
Made a turf capturing system, turfs will be a reasonably big area that can be captured, when you reach 100% your gang will capture the turf, if another gang enters the capture zone then it'll be contested.
If a gang already started capturing, you'll need to clear their percentage before capturing it yourself.

Think I'm going to make turfs give perks for that room and rooms around them, not 100% sure yet.
turfbasic.gif
Love this! Can't wait to see it progress even further.

Zodiak

recovering crack addict
Nov 18, 2011
Committed a few updates, nothing to show off in terms of pictures really.

Fixed some plus things.

Added gang creation, deletion & leaving (currently as commands client-side for testing purposes, just sends the packets for them as the UI would)

Reworked my livefeed to parse it better without having to change client and emulator when I add a new event.

Further worked on my turfs so they're more responsive and work better.

Users who are viewing this thread