Habbo Retro Cup

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
1. Not everybody has PES, i would not buy pes to take part in a tournament, the game sucks. Fifa is better.
2. Getting people online on PES at the same time is exactly the same as getting people onto a hotel at the same time
3. The idea is based around habbo retros, why not use a hotel for it? I just dont understand

RetroCup

Feb 24, 2013
1. Not everybody has PES, i would not buy pes to take part in a tournament, the game sucks. Fifa is better.
2. Getting people online on PES at the same time is exactly the same as getting people onto a hotel at the same time
3. The idea is based around habbo retros, why not use a hotel for it? I just dont understand

Kaz, again, you are misunderstanding.

You don't need to own a copy of the game, or any game, to participate in the Cup.

I own the game, the teams are created on my game, not anyone else's. The AI will be playing against the AI, not human player vs. human player. This makes it more like a real sporting event and more entertaining in that respect.

Manager's send me team setups and control subbing, etc. they too do not need to own the game because all the information will be on my copy. Games will be streamed live via a livestreaming website so people can spectate the matches.

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
Kaz, again, you are misunderstanding.

You don't need to own a copy of the game, or any game, to participate in the Cup.

I own the game, the teams are created on my game, not anyone else's. The AI will be playing against the AI, not human player vs. human player. This makes it more like a real sporting event and more entertaining in that respect.

Manager's send me team setups and control subbing, etc. they too do not need to own the game because all the information will be on my copy. Games will be streamed live via a livestreaming website so people can spectate the matches.
Then the idea overall seems retarded and useless.
Whats the fun in 'bragging rights' when you have no control over a team.

RetroCup

Feb 24, 2013
Then the idea overall seems retarded and useless.
Whats the fun in 'bragging rights' when you have no control over a team.

Whats the fun of an actual sporting event then?

The idea is that the games will be like real sporting events. The Manager's are the ones who control the teams in terms of play style, how they are setup, etc. To the rest of us, it will be like supporting a real-life team. Nobody is actually controlling the individual players.

wite

Posting Freak
Aug 3, 2012
PES is absolute crap.
I am a football supporter, and if I wanted Fifa for my birthday and got PES, I would snap the shit in half.
Seriously, who wants to play as
Man Blue vs
Northluck C?
With Man Blue being Man City and Northluck C being Norwich City.

In my opinion, crap idea.
You would be better off flipping a coin and hoping for head. :up:

RetroCup

Feb 24, 2013
PES is absolute crap.
I am a football supporter, and if I wanted Fifa for my birthday and got PES, I would snap the shit in half.
Seriously, who wants to play as
Man Blue vs
Northluck C?
With Man Blue being Man City and Northluck C being Norwich City.

In my opinion, crap idea.
You would be better off flipping a coin and hoping for head. :up:

Again, the point is being missed here. I'm not going to be using the teams provided by the game, instead, I'll be creating teams based off the Retro's involved. Retro's will put together a team roster, design a logo/uniform, and design their teams anthem, etc. The AI in PES2013 is a lot more competent than the one in Fifa and the matches are a lot more exciting because of this. I know it works because I've seen something similar done with a lot of success but it's going to rely on people getting involved and getting into it.

PES also has a lot better 'tactics' system for the managers which will make every team unique and dynamic in that respect. It is basically like watching a real cup - I think there's a lot of confusion surrounding that.

RetroCup

Feb 24, 2013
I do plan on too anyways, thank you BamitsCon for the support. I'm currently setting up livestreaming and reliable broadcasting for matches so, there will be a "tutorial" match of sorts planned for later this week for the supporters/people who are interested that have gotten in touch with me. If you are interested in watching, let me know.

Leader

github.com/habbo-hotel
Aug 24, 2012
I do plan on too anyways, thank you BamitsCon for the support. I'm currently setting up livestreaming and reliable broadcasting for matches so, there will be a "tutorial" match of sorts planned for later this week for the supporters/people who are interested that have gotten in touch with me. If you are interested in watching, let me know.
Only 1 person actually likes this idea, so your plan is going to go with about 5 people actually watching. Theres no competion in it at all and hosting this on a retro will simple be amazing actually seeing what owners care enough about their retro to know how to play the games

RetroCup

Feb 24, 2013
Only 1 person actually likes this idea, so your plan is going to go with about 5 people actually watching. Theres no competion in it at all and hosting this on a retro will simple be amazing actually seeing what owners care enough about their retro to know how to play the games

Not really sure why you've been so hostile to me since the start, but I can say there are currently about 20 people interested - and that's fine with me. There's plenty of competition in it and it's going to be a lot of fun - nobody is forcing you to participate in it and nobody is forcing you to like my idea, I just don't know why you have to continue to post negative comments about it when you've already made your opinion on it known. If you like the idea of creating a Retro for a football tournament you are more than welcome to do it, I'd support that idea but this is the idea I am going to work with.

FOR EVERYONE ELSE:

I've finished testing/setting up my broadcasting/livestreaming system and it works out fantastic! So, once this gets underway games will be easily made available for viewing.

EDIT:
As of right now, there is a very primitive Wikia page setup dedicated to the Cup. As Teams become registered and the Cup goes underway, all of the information will be easily stored there for viewing!

Users who are viewing this thread