Habbo gone?

Bran

mediocre graphics artist
Mar 13, 2017
Evidence is not needed... What major promotional advertising have they done since stuff like Capri sun and celebrities? plus when it got released onto mobiles and Ipads... since then nothing has happened. In fact, once their reputation was damaged by Channel 4 they did little to nothing to get the game an audience again. I mean so many partnerships at one point, all burnt dry now because the top executives have retirement money and they don't really give a shit about what happens. I remember when moderators would hunt you down for advertising a retro. Now I could advertise a retro for about an hour and get away with it compared to back in the day where their worst response time for catching retro advertisers was 5 minutes.
Post automatically merged:

Plus all the money they spent on catching Aaron the creator of retro's... I mean it literally started a bigger problem because now the emulator was free meaning anyone and everyone could set up a retro no stress. That's why retros are dying too... because people build friendship groups of 20-30 of them and think they are going be the next big thing but they make the market more saturated...
them letting is go dry is pure speculation from you, they haven't had celebs go on in over 10 years, it's not being made to go dry, if it was then they wouldn't have design teams continuing to make furniture lines for campaigns and having competitions and ambassador events, habbo is still very much thriving if you want to believe that or not but they are facts, of course it's not doing AS well as before the channel 4 scandal happened but they are getting a pretty penny from it🤷🏼‍♂️

Leader

Instinct <3
Aug 24, 2012
I joined in 2009, when Habbo was advertising all over social media, in stores and also offered retail gift cards. Since then, Habbo has considerably stepped back its marketing and cut features that kept players engaged.

The decline is probably due to the nature of an online MMO and especially one based around tweens socializing with adult users that haven't left the platform. Around 2012, Habbo had a ton of reports go out regarding Habbo being used as a grooming platform for pedophiles and interest fell off shortly after.

I think the retro community has some cool tools, but there's no innovation that's capable of reviving retros or Habbo

You must be registered for see images attach

LewisBlake

Dec 26, 2013
them letting is go dry is pure speculation from you, they haven't had celebs go on in over 10 years, it's not being made to go dry, if it was then they wouldn't have design teams continuing to make furniture lines for campaigns and having competitions and ambassador events, habbo is still very much thriving if you want to believe that or not but they are facts, of course it's not doing AS well as before the channel 4 scandal happened but they are getting a pretty penny from it🤷🏼‍♂️
It's not speculation. Contact anyone you like at Sulake about why it's financial reports on habbo have been privatized and why their is small amount of staff... Yes they are still developing stuff because if they didn't they would lose their remaining playerbase rapidly. I mean I am addicted and have loved the game since 2010 but the game is failing because of the marketing behind it and the funding. Their is small moderation and a lot of over moderation by an automated system... the game is literally just about agencies nowadays. Their isn't any role play or shops or builds. It no longer has a target audience. I mean habbo is dying fast and it's sad

Kiboh

Apr 12, 2019
Habbo and habbo retros died. A lot of people thought retros would thrive when Habbo hotel no longer runs on flash but it done the quite opposite. I don't think retros will ever be as popular as they were years back ever. Read somewhere on this forum that discord kind of replaced retros/habbo which I agree with 100%. Only real thing that would gain traction is something different like an RP or something. Tbh PeakRP probably has more users than Habboon

Users who are viewing this thread