Habbo ditching flash soon confirmed

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
Time will tell, if it does happen, you're all fools ;)
A fansite is ordered to specify that it's not affiliated with Sulake/Habbo.

I hope it does happen. It would make Habbo enjoyable.

The top room on Habbo for a week was a giveaway room advertising this. I doubt Habbo would of allowed that to happen for such a long time if it was fake.
If it does happen, it still says nothing at all and certainly doesn't make anyone a fool. It looks like this is created by a few developers that really know how Habbo works. Creating bots isn't anything new. They've been around for years, and in the past mainly used for attacks/raids. If someone is now using it for something original only means they (might) have gotten permission from Sulake for those bots, but for sure Habbo didn't put any resources on their end in making custom bots for an RP within the hotel made by users. They have higher priorities on their list, and if this was one of them, a fansite wouldn't be involved.

Kylie

Princess
Dec 9, 2012
Yeah, that's got me confused also. The guy who's running it said Habbo would be paying the credits out. So I'm not sure what's happening with that.

I think it's a case of a fansite being supported by Habbo. Something along them lines..?
TheGiantEye is Ben (Monestic). I speak to him on Snapchat. He works for Sulake and the reason why it says it is not affiliated with Sulake is because he is working on it for Habbo as his own private server.

Parsov

May 18, 2016
TheGiantEye is Ben (Monestic). I speak to him on Snapchat. He works for Sulake and the reason why it says it is not affiliated with Sulake is because he is working on it for Habbo as his own private server.

Never have I heard of this developer in my life if he even is one for Sulake. Most of them are freelance anyway.
So technically it's still not supported by Sulake it's just one person who decided to have some fun with his hobby.
That still does not mean Sulake is working on an RP, It's just an individual who's doing it not the company.
He might be an Intern or just recently joined.

The relevant people from the Developers Team is Leo, Matti and Mikko, John (used to make retros at some point) he only recently joined though.
Which office does he work in?

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
I highly doubt this is true.

Giant

Jan 27, 2020
I want to clear some things up in this thread. The project is a community project supported by Habbo. The idea of this project is not Sulake's, and I'm not employed by Sulake.

Special features will be provided by Habbo (sandbox access, badges, special wired, news article, featured rooms) once launched. This project is bringing together a variety of existing roleplaying organisations & agencies on Habbo.

Permission has been granted by Habbo for the following:
- Use of scripted accounts
- Storing of furniture & credits in the bank
- Use of the Habbo intellectual property permitted under the fan site policy

Legal requirements from Habbo are:
- Must ensure GDPR compliance
- Must state that leaving credits/items in the bank is not recommended by Habbo
- Must not state that Sulake endorses the project at this time

We are in constant communication with Habbo staff regarding the project and have full support from Hotel Managers. Our scripts have been reviewed and approved by technical staff at Sulake.

Parsov

May 18, 2016
I want to clear some things up in this thread. The project is a community project supported by Habbo. The idea of this project is not Sulake's, and I'm not employed by Sulake.

Special features will be provided by Habbo (sandbox access, badges, special wired, news article, featured rooms) once launched. This project is bringing together a variety of existing roleplaying organisations & agencies on Habbo.

We are in constant communication with Habbo staff regarding the project and have full support from Hotel Managers. Our scripts have been reviewed and approved by technical staff at Sulake.

Why would Sulake allow you to move the roleplaying agencies that bring them users to your own project?
Which Hotel Manager is supporting the development of this Project if you don't mind me asking, Besides that the technical staff do not have authority to grant 3rd party organisations.

Again it's probably an individual who just likes the idea and supports it I highly doubt that the Sulake Executives are down for this idea.
Besides that we got told you work for Sulake which now appears like you don't.

Goodluck to you with the project though.
Will you be using an Emulator for this project or Habbo's Server?

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013

So you are operating in loopholes and not officially endorsed. You can't "be sponsored by Habbo but not Sulake" as its one entity.

Parsov

May 18, 2016
So you are operating in loopholes and not officially endorsed. You can't "be sponsored by Habbo but not Sulake" as its one entity.

I just think it's just not professionally supported by Sulake, It's a few Community Coordinators that are the ones that come online which liked the idea maybe.
As LeChris said it cannot be supported by Habbo but not by Sulake.

HABBO is just a game under the control of the Sulake Company.
This means Sulake does not supports this project.

@Kylie next time please do clear the air before misinforming people because I'm pretty sure there isn't a Ben working for Sulake under the Technical department.

Kylie

Princess
Dec 9, 2012
I just think it's just not professionally supported by Sulake, It's a few Community Coordinators that are the ones that come online which liked the idea maybe.
As LeChris said it cannot be supported by Habbo but not by Sulake.

HABBO is just a game under the control of the Sulake Company.
This means Sulake does not supports this project.

@Kylie next time please do clear the air before misinforming people because I'm pretty sure there isn't a Ben working for Sulake under the Technical department.
Okay well sorry I misunderstood. I don't spend my life on Habbo or Retros so much to give a toss.

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
Looks like something built for 10 year olds (probably their target audience - feel like I'm on Roblox). I feel like the developers on retro's can make something a lot nicer.

If you feel like the catalogue/marketplace looks "nice" then obviously you fit their target audience, in my opinion :)

Haid

Dec 20, 2011
Looks like something built for 10 year olds (probably their target audience - feel like I'm on Roblox). I feel like the developers on retro's can make something a lot nicer. If you feel like the catalogue/marketplace looks "nice" then obviously you fit their target audience, in my opinion :)
You're 20~ something (no offence meant I am too!) and someone who's probably not played actual habbo for years (me too!), why would anyone on this forum for illegal retros think they're the target audience or further that Habbo would even care what we think?

I'm fine with the design personally, kinda liked the other teasers shown too - only gripe I have is I wish they'd stop making less and less show with each update, looks like we lost items and pages per scroll again same as the last cata update.

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
You're 20~ something (no offence meant I am too!) and someone who's probably not played actual habbo for years (me too!), why would anyone on this forum for illegal retros think they're the target audience or further that Habbo would even care what we think?

I'm fine with the design personally, kinda liked the other teasers shown too - only gripe I have is I wish they'd stop making less and less show with each update, looks like we lost items and pages per scroll again same as the last cata update.
I go on Habbo a bit to talk to friends and I'd say a hell amount of users are 16-24 (mainly because caisnos are back). I'm just giving my honest opinion, they could of made it look.. cleaner? I guess.
The marketplace they've got now is rubbish anyway, the one you guys made at Peak was probably better.

Bran

mediocre graphics artist
Mar 13, 2017
Said the guy on a retro section playing Habbo. Habbo is not for people like you, it is for teenagers.

OT: It's called "taste", buddy. It doesn't mean if someone does not have the same opinion, it automatically is a fact. It is nice, clean and professional. So please, learn how to respect people. Do not bash others because they think it looks nice.
"habbo is not for people like you" man shut up LMAO, us older (20's and older) made habbo what it is, we played it when we where younger, you sound dumb

Users who are viewing this thread