Habbo 2 VPS

Linxon

IzyHosting.com
Mar 28, 2015
Hello,

My habbo retro is currently running on 2 VPSes. CMS and swfs is on one, and emu + db is on the other one. But, the CMS is lagging much more after setting up the hotel with 2 vpses!

Can anyone tell me how to stop the cms lag?

Zaka

Programmer
Feb 9, 2012
The lag appears because for every request the cms makes, it needs to contact the other server, access the database and return the data to the first server. Why do you need to have the hotel divided into 2 servers?

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
The lag appears because for every request the cms makes, it needs to contact the other server, access the database and return the data to the first server. Why do you need to have the hotel divided into 2 servers?
There shouldn't be much lagg because everything gets cached (for the most part). I think his server specs are just far too low .

Zaka

Programmer
Feb 9, 2012
There shouldn't be much lagg because everything gets cached (for the most part). I think his server specs are just far too low .
Well that obviously depends on what cms he uses and how often the cms gets new information from the database. Also it could be the position of the servers. If the servers are not in the same continent as each other it might aswell be a factor.

@Linxon what are your server specs?

Linxon

IzyHosting.com
Mar 28, 2015
Both of the servers is 6 gb ram.

Well that obviously depends on what cms he uses and how often the cms gets new information from the database. Also it could be the position of the servers. If the servers are not in the same continent as each other it might aswell be a factor.

@Linxon what are your server specs?
I have ripped habno.no's cms.. So thats the cms im using.

Zaka

Programmer
Feb 9, 2012
@Linxon if you really want to use multiple servers for load-balancing I suggest you get a linux server with nignx, and setup load-balancing for the websites. Although that probably wont be needed for such a small thing as a retro.

MayoMayn

BestDev
Oct 18, 2016
@Linxon if you really want to use multiple servers for load-balancing I suggest you get a linux server with nignx, and setup load-balancing for the websites. Although that probably wont be needed for such a small thing as a retro.
Indeed. I use NGINX with HHVM on my demo hotel for my CMS, and my loading speed went 8x faster than with Apache. Current loading speed is approximately 0.000067 seconds on the index page.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Linxon

IzyHosting.com
Mar 28, 2015
Never understood why people have multiple VPS'. There's 0 point of having 2 vps' especially one for a database, one for the CMS. Because if your CMS VPS goes down, the other one is useless, vice versa.
You just have to pay, then the vps with cms wont go down? lol

Zaka

Programmer
Feb 9, 2012
You just have to pay, then the vps with cms wont go down? lol
Hahaha, honestly, this really made me laugh. Security isn't just about paying; Or it depends, you can pay someone and he will try his best to make it as secure as possible, but 2 servers doesn't increase the security in any way?

Linxon

IzyHosting.com
Mar 28, 2015
Hahaha, honestly, this really made me laugh. Security isn't just about paying; Or it depends, you can pay someone and he will try his best to make it as secure as possible, but 2 servers doesn't increase the security in any way?
Its better than tcp proxy in client.php :)

Blasteh

Lord Farquaad
Apr 3, 2013
You could pay $1000 for a server, you can still go down. The more you pay doesn't mean you're 100% secure or 100% uptime. As @Zaka said, the servers are dependent on each other. You're wasting your money because if one goes down, the other is useless until the other comes back online. Whether it's a DDoS attack, network issue (host related or not), you forget to pay your bill, or any other reason; you still need the other server. So why not just have one?

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
2 Servers is less of a security issue with DDOS'ing and more of a security issue with data. You want your data on separate servers so that if someone does attempt to attack your main server - the information they will get would not help them. Security breach on main server would give you time to fix how they breached before they got any data.

Damien

Don't need glasses if you can C#
Feb 26, 2012
Why would you do that though when it's the emulator which is resource intensive?
To get that lightning fast speed on you cms, duh! The emulators pointless if you can knock half a second of loading time.

I don't know about you, but when I play retros I spend most my time looking at the cms. Amateurs!

Jaden

not so active
Aug 24, 2014
You're most likely using the wrong CMS for a setup like this.

Think about how poorly RevCMS is written, and how AWFUL developers in this community add onto it just by neglecting the fact that it has a database class and an existing connection thus reverting to prehistoric mysql_* functions + establishing another MySQL connection... it produces a lot of unnecessary overhead.

There is minimal to no caching at all, so you're dependent upon raw MySQL queries for each page load.

Considering all of this you'll obviously need a strong connection with your MySQL server.

My advice would be to leave your MySQL server on your emulator server (your emulator is priority and it would make the most sense for it to use more of your database) and to use a CMS that caches, as much as you can for CMS content stored in the database and a user once they login.

Users who are viewing this thread