Habbo 2 VPS

Linxon

IzyHosting.com
Mar 28, 2015
Hello,

My habbo retro is currently running on 2 VPSes. CMS and swfs is on one, and emu + db is on the other one. But, the CMS is lagging much more after setting up the hotel with 2 vpses!

Can anyone tell me how to stop the cms lag?

Zaka

Programmer
Feb 9, 2012
My advice is to keep everything on the same server.
2 Servers is less of a security issue with DDOS'ing and more of a security issue with data. You want your data on separate servers so that if someone does attempt to attack your main server - the information they will get would not help them. Security breach on main server would give you time to fix how they breached before they got any data.
Sure he will have the information divided into to different servers, the problem is, the first server is connected to the second server and vice versa. So in the end you can still get to the information through the first server.

Jaden

not so active
Aug 24, 2014
My advice is to keep everything on the same server.

Sure he will have the information divided into to different servers, the problem is, the first server is connected to the second server and vice versa. So in the end you can still get to the information through the first server.
He can limit the permission the second (CMS) server has over the MySQL database so only necessary tables can be accessed, and modified if need be.
That seems to be the only thing the CMS would be connected to in regards to the first server, the emulator would remain untouchable.

Real security is just configuration.

MayoMayn

BestDev
Oct 18, 2016
He can limit the permission the second (CMS) server has over the MySQL database so only necessary tables can be accessed, and modified if need be.
That seems to be the only thing the CMS would be connected to in regards to the first server, the emulator would remain untouchable.

Real security is just configuration.
I had a Google Cloud SQL for my CMS once, and holy crap that shit went slow as fuck.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread