GTA V GTA Online: should people get banned for using the money glitch?

Swifteh_Xo

It's time to be swift
Aug 27, 2013
I was just wondering what you guys think, weather or not players should be banned for using a simple money exploit in Grand theft Auto, or should Rockstar be forgiving and let their players get away with it?

Swifteh_Xo

It's time to be swift
Aug 27, 2013
Maybe Rockstar doesn't even care about it.
that isn't so true because Rockstar has been saying that they will most likely be banning the players that have gone completely insane with the glitch using it to get extraordinary amounts of cash

User3

I just want some piercings and tattoos.
May 23, 2010
Ban those who overly abused the glitch, but allow those who used it once or twice to stay.

Swifteh_Xo

It's time to be swift
Aug 27, 2013
I don't think that the stimulus package is even out yet. anyway I think that anyone that had to use the glitch to get a expensive vehicle or a tank should be banned or penalized

Swifteh_Xo

It's time to be swift
Aug 27, 2013
ahh here we are, this shows that Rockstar actually cares :p

Swifteh_Xo

It's time to be swift
Aug 27, 2013
I don't think you should be banned, however, that's because I do the glitch.
haha, lets just hope they don't find out that we are doing it :D

well by the looks of things Rockstar have been turning a blind eye to this but I don't think that will last for very long. Chances are, Rockstar are going to have a zero tollerance to this glitch and they will be banning those frequent people that keep on doing it. I honestly hope that none of us get caught because I don't think being in a cheaters pool is going to be very fun. :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Brown

idk
Feb 15, 2013
Let's be honest, who wouldn't do the glitch..
But I guess it's like boosting in Call of Duty, which people get banned for.

Swifteh_Xo

It's time to be swift
Aug 27, 2013
I doubt it because It's not our fault, If Rockstar does Ban people who does do the Glitch that is stupid because it's their fault that they can't fix stuff on time....
true, but then "it is our fault" because we chose the decision to do the glitch. It's not "technically" Rockstar's fault because it does say in the terms and conditions "do not use glitches or exploits to your advantage" so in actual truth they do have the right to ban us. The only thing that is stopping them from banning us, is that if they do, they will have to ban millions of players and take the risk of losing every single one of them and that is the only real reason that they are not banning us for it.

kier4n

May 31, 2013
Yeah, people should get banned for glitching money.
If you do glitch:
1) You must be shit at the game.
2) Racing and killing bounty's are the best way to receive money.
3) No need to glitch money when they are supposed to be giving everyone half a million?

Enlighten

Oct 1, 2013
If you do glitch:
3) No need to glitch money when they are supposed to be giving everyone half a million?
Doesn't technically mean that you're shit. I'm sure there is people that could destroy you without ever doing the money glitch.. Racing has glitches aswell so maybe you should get banned for doing it? And, with glitching money you get over 100k in less than 30 seconds.. Not trying to mean but technically everyone is doing glitches.

XenonR

Mar 22, 2013
If you do glitch:
I'll admit, I have done the money glitch over 20 times. I've had 33 million, but when you say 'You must be shit at the game.' i'm level 135, and them levels have been going up by doing jobs, so how can you be shit at the game for doing the money glitch?

They also only brought the 500k money package out after knowing people have been doing the glitches, so they've tried to make it fair for all users.

Last edited:

User3

I just want some piercings and tattoos.
May 23, 2010
So let you stay...

Probably not since they gave out a huge stimulus package because of the downtime
No, I honestly swear to god didn't use the cheat to get the money. What I was trying to say is that those who only used it once or twice should get to keep playing with the money removed from their accounts.

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
Banning is a bit extreme in my opinion.
The glitch has been available for a while, its Rockstar's fault for not taking action quicker.
Maybe 'abusers' could have a cut removed or possibly a high percentage, but banning users is taking the wrong approach and quite frankly could give them a bad name

Users who are viewing this thread