Gay Marriage

Barbie

Dec 3, 2012
This proves your argument is invalid, you don't choose to be gay, you know if you like male or female from as young as 5 years old. Bisexuals are a joke.

In saying this, there is nothing wrong with homosexuality and people should be able to choose who they want to marry.

I think you CAN know from as young as 5 years old, but not always. My best friend Danielle had been dating guys for years and doing sexual things with them, but then one day she met a girl and really fell for her and since then she's realised she's never actually been into guys, even though she used to think she was. I think some people know from a young age but others need that little "push" to see the signs and realise it.
I also don't think bisexuals are a joke, that's a bit rude. If some hormones make us like guys and some hormones make us like girls, why can't some people be born with both? (I have no idea how correct that statement is or how completely wrong it could be, I've not read the article so I don't know if it's physically impossible to be born with both or whatever). But many people identify themselves as bisexual before coming out as gay, just because they're confused and don't know what they really want, and I guess some people just are attracted to both sexes, just as some people aren't attracted to either.

Baller

Nov 1, 2013
Well, I am Christian, but I don't really care for gay people. They can be there and should be given equal rights. They don't cause harm to straights or anything. They can live there lives and everyone else can live there own. Going to the arguments, I don't believe that kids choose to be straight or gay as young as 5. I think once you hit that pre-puberty you understand how everything works, and you sort of get the idea as to what you like. This is subject to change though, I don't believe gay people can't go back straight. It's probably happened.

Brenner23

May 15, 2013
I don't support gay marriage for religious reasons, but the government has no say in it, and because some one is gay doesn't make them any less human than us. I just think whatever makes people happy (with in control of course :p). Just let them live their life.

MacemoresSon

Oct 23, 2013
I won't say I support gay rights as every little thing that has to do with the lgbt community has to be all over the media. Look at the Michael Sam's bs, ok he's gay, we get it, there doesn't have to be a news article every day about it. And living by the bible is not dangerous, morals do not expire. I agree with Russia's law that prevents gay propaganda to children as I do not think it is a good example/role model for them. And btw, the bible does condemn homosexuality.

-Jordan-

Feb 19, 2011
So your argument is you are born gay, but then you chose at the ages of around 5?

There's no scientific proof that anyone is born with it, and also there is no proof that it is a mental illness. You could very well be correct about a person preferring their same sex at the age of 5 but again there isn't any proof.

By the way my stance on homosexuality is neutral, I don't really care what happens with it, if I had to vote I would abstain.

Aercor

The Official Gay
Oct 1, 2011
I am all for gay rights and hope they get them. However, I don't yell at or hate on anyone else because they don't agree. An opinion is personal and of course everyone is entitled to one, however it shouldn't affect the way another has to live their life.

iHunterJ

Aug 14, 2011
I am bisexual myself and to read that some people call gay marriage / homosexuals / bisexuals a mental illness disgusts me. I just believe that if someone treats you and respects you properly, regardless of gender then what's the problem with not loving them and further on marrying them? I'm still a person like everyone else but I just get turned on by different things which attracts me.. I probably wouldn't marry until it's more accepted to society and a common thing but still.

Dicks

Feb 9, 2014
So your argument is you are born gay, but then you chose at the ages of around 5?

There's no scientific proof that anyone is born with it, and also there is no proof that it is a mental illness. You could very well be correct about a person preferring their same sex at the age of 5 but again there isn't any proof.

By the way my stance on homosexuality is neutral, I don't really care what happens with it, if I had to vote I would abstain.
Sexuality is subjective, and some people mature physically and mentally at an earlier age. There can never be proof of someone's sexual orientation since it's all in your head (unless I can be proved otherwise).

I don't know what you meant by abstain, is that just a fancy way of hinting that you're straight?

Users who are viewing this thread