Gay Marriage

Brown

idk
Feb 15, 2013
I honestly don't know because I have mixed feelings about this, I don't have a problem with gay people or anything like that. I'm a christian and I believe marriage is a very sacrid thing between a man & a woman. I honestly don't mind gay people I just believe that marriage is a very strong point of the Christian beliefs and I don't believe they should ruin that.

Barbie

Dec 3, 2012
I honestly don't know because I have mixed feelings about this, I don't have a problem with gay people or anything like that. I'm a christian and I believe marriage is a very sacrid thing between a man & a woman. I honestly don't mind gay people I just believe that marriage is a very strong point of the Christian beliefs and I don't believe they should ruin that.

But imagine if you have the most perfect woman ever and you love her with all your heart, just to be told you're not allowed to marry her because you have a vagina (pretending you're female, of course). It would be awful. Marriage may be a Christian thing but it's also something people do when they're in love, to give their whole selves away, to be bound forever. I know plenty of people who don't follow religion or don't believe in God and have gone on to get married, why should they be allowed and homosexuals not? Marriage is the ultimate sign of love, and if I was a priest, I'd much rather marry a gay couple together rather than these ridiculous flashy celebs who get divorces just months afterwards because they jumped into it too soon. Marriage shouldn't HAVE to be a Christian thing, not strictly anyway. I'm planning to get married in a castle and probably without God said anywhere in the ceremony, and I'd still be allowed to get married.
We as humans are evolving and our minds are becoming more and more open as time goes on. Christians need to stop living by the rules of a book from 3000 (or whatever, I don't really care) years ago, times are changing and it's time to sort it out.

Brackson

卍卍卍卍卍卍卍卍卍卍卍
Jun 20, 2013
Jesus never once condemned homosexuality or gay marriage, and if you're a Christian then most believe that Mosaic Law (Leviticus, quoting Lev. 18:22) was outlawed when Jesus died on the cross. I've spoken with multiple Christians about this, and none have given me a solid answer.

Barbie

Dec 3, 2012
Jesus never once condemned homosexuality or gay marriage, and if you're a Christian then most believe that Mosaic Law (Leviticus, quoting Lev. 18:22) was outlawed when Jesus died on the cross. I've spoken with multiple Christians about this, and none have given me a solid answer.

Oh wait, I have a picture for this, give me a sec! :)

481346_10200254662903579_84489924_n.jpg

Ept

Many men wish death upon me.
Jun 16, 2011
But imagine if you have the most perfect woman ever and you love her with all your heart, just to be told you're not allowed to marry her because you have a vagina (pretending you're female, of course). It would be awful. Marriage may be a Christian thing but it's also something people do when they're in love, to give their whole selves away, to be bound forever. I know plenty of people who don't follow religion or don't believe in God and have gone on to get married, why should they be allowed and homosexuals not? Marriage is the ultimate sign of love, and if I was a priest, I'd much rather marry a gay couple together rather than these ridiculous flashy celebs who get divorces just months afterwards because they jumped into it too soon. Marriage shouldn't HAVE to be a Christian thing, not strictly anyway. I'm planning to get married in a castle and probably without God said anywhere in the ceremony, and I'd still be allowed to get married.
We as humans are evolving and our minds are becoming more and more open as time goes on. Christians need to stop living by the rules of a book from 3000 (or whatever, I don't really care) years ago, times are changing and it's time to sort it out.
You brought up an interesting point about our minds being more open. Homosexuality is not a trend, but is rather a mental disorder, so I don't get how we'd be 'open' to trying it out. Do you also think this? Please explain on how we would be more open to liking a dick than a vagina, when we're born with a trigger of liking the vagina? (Speaking from a male perspective)

Brackson

卍卍卍卍卍卍卍卍卍卍卍
Jun 20, 2013
Homosexuality is not a trend, but is rather a mental disorder, so I don't get how we'd be 'open' to trying it out.
Please explain on how we would be more open to liking a dick than a vagina, when we're [males] born with a trigger of liking the vagina?
There's no evidence for any of this.

There are, however, countless studies of homosexuality being found in animals (and humans alike) as a result of gene formations and hormones ([ ], [ ], [ ], [ ], [ ], [ ]).

Quackster

a devbest user says what
Aug 22, 2010
I'm not homophobic nor do I have a problem with gays or lesbians. It's just in my own personal opinion, liking the same sex is a mental illness. The government shouldn't be involved with who is allowed marry who.

Wesleigh

Hi.
Dec 30, 2011
"What is your opinion on gay marriage?"

What @Brackson has said today is in no way wrong. He has asked an opinion, and then counter-argued, to try to explain the other side of the argument.

For my opinion on this topic, you don't have to look far into my brain. Marriage for years has been a religious ceremony, one that is enjoyed by all. If the religious group that you follow accepts homosexuals in their church, why should the government then rush in, and then say:

Woop, let's ban Gay and Lesbian marriages in churches, because we're too big-headed to accept that they love each other.

Has any politician ever thought that this really does affect the way their support will dwindle. Homosexuality is increasingly more common, so if one is banned from using a house of god (or any other religion that they follow), but the ban is only imposed by those who swore an oath to serve all, then all they are doing is shooting themselves in the foot.

Barbie

Dec 3, 2012
You brought up an interesting point about our minds being more open. Homosexuality is not a trend, but is rather a mental disorder, so I don't get how we'd be 'open' to trying it out. Do you also think this? Please explain on how we would be more open to liking a dick than a vagina, when we're born with a trigger of liking the vagina? (Speaking from a male perspective)

By "open" I don't mean that everyone should try it out, you're misunderstanding. By "open" I mean 100 years ago if you showed your ankles you were considered a whore, women had their arms, legs, necks, chests and everywhere else covered. Now, girls go out in dresses and show off their arms and legs and no one says anything, it's considered normal. What I'm saying is times are changing and it's time to stop living in medieval times, homosexuals are widely accepted now (obviously there's a few exceptions) so I don't see why they shouldn't be allowed to marry. If they have a non-religious ceremony then who cares? It's allowing 2 people human rights and allowing them to be happy, it doesn't hurt or affect anyone else.

Benden

maging ang maganda mamatay
Jun 4, 2010
Calling it a mental disorder is fucking harsh. That's rude as fuck too.

lepos

thinking about you. yes you
Dec 11, 2011
I'm Christian but I'm all for gay people having the right to be with or even marry one another.
My opinion - I dont see why it would really impact your life if someone else is getting married to the same sex.
This exactly.

No one, especially the government should be able to say no to people just because they're gay. Then again this is just my opinion.

Settaz

PHP and C# Developer. Project Saturn Coming!
Jul 4, 2010
What @Brackson has said today is in no way wrong. He has asked an opinion, and then counter-argued, to try to explain the other side of the argument.

For my opinion on this topic, you don't have to look far into my brain. Marriage for years has been a religious ceremony, one that is enjoyed by all. If the religious group that you follow accepts homosexuals in their church, why should the government then rush in, and then say:

Has any politician ever thought that this really does affect the way their support will dwindle. Homosexuality is increasingly more common, so if one is banned from using a house of god (or any other religion that they follow), but the ban is only imposed by those who swore an oath to serve all, then all they are doing is shooting themselves in the foot.

Are you really quoting my post from some time ago? It was wrong as he said my post was based on my opinion and that it wasn't needed, when in fact this thread is asking for my opinion? Are you understanding the hypocrisy there? I don't think you will, but just keep trying you'll get it some day.

Dzetki

The Prodigal Son Returns
Jul 16, 2010
Surprised that there wasn't a thread for this in the Debate section.

What is your opinion on gay marriage?

I think that if someone loves someone else very much, they should be able to get married; whether it be a man and a woman, a man and a man, or a woman and a woman. This does not mean that I support human-animal marriage (which I don't) or any of the other crap that righty politicians try to use as an excuse of their real reason which is "cus muh saveyor told meh so durr". Letting a 3500-year-old book dictate how you form your thoughts and reasoning is dangerous and ignorant, especially when you're a political leader.
Love is love. It comes in any form or shape, in any species on the planet. Why should we deny them their right to marry one another just 'cause they're of the same sex?
Although, what Rasta says is true. Marriage has always been, and likely always will be a religious thing. Whether the different religions allow it or not should be up to them. I think the governments should make something that's equal to a marriage between opposite-sex couples for everyone, regardless of their religious beliefs or sexual orientation.

Brackson

卍卍卍卍卍卍卍卍卍卍卍
Jun 20, 2013
Love is love. It comes in any form or shape, in any species on the planet. Why should we deny them their right to marry one another just 'cause they're of the same sex?
Although, what Rasta says is true. Marriage has always been, and likely always will be a religious thing. Whether the different religions allow it or not should be up to them. I think the governments should make something that's equal to a marriage between opposite-sex couples for everyone, regardless of their religious beliefs or sexual orientation.
Everything that I'm about to post is from an American standpoint.

I agree with most of your statements, except that the government should make something that's equal to a same-sex marriage. There are civil unions and partnership ceremonies that can be performed in anti same-sex marriage states today, but like I said, something of that nature doesn't get the respect it deserves - it has to be explained, and there are legal hindrances compared to an actual marriage (tax benefits, federal protections, it's not recognized in some states, etc). I would, however, be on board with discontinuing marriage all together and coming up with a different term (like religion did). ;)

Also, marriage today (at least in the US) has little to no relevance to religion. Sure, the term marriage was invented by religion, but that was thousands of years ago, and concepts of marriage still existed way before that. If religion had its way, there would be no divorce, premarital sex would be illegal, and if a man raped a woman they would be partners in marriage forever.

Parse

Oct 28, 2013
The real question is - if you are all blaming this situation on equality why is all of the sudden being brought up NOW in the 21st century? If this was such a problem, why would it be brought up now and not lets say 100 years ago when the law on equality of gay marriage was unchanged.

How can we be ignorant and how can we be "hating" gays if we simply do not agree with the belief.

That is like saying "Well since Alcohol is legal and you do not support it - we hate you." NO. Everyone is entitled to their beliefs. The problem is - you that support the homosexuals often get discouraged or severely upset when you recognize someone who that does not support homosexual beliefs. We are often called "homophobic assholes" because all we entitle ourselves is to not believe in the sin of our religion.

I am a strong support of man and woman marriage - I firmly believe in that only and that will not change.

In all honestly, if people choose to be gay let them have a union and let God be the judge of them in the end - harassing them just makes the people who do not support it just as guilty as them.

Quackster

a devbest user says what
Aug 22, 2010
if people choose to be gay let them have a union and let God be the judge of them in the end - harassing them just makes the people who do not support it just as guilty as them.

You don't choose to be gay, you're born with it.

Parse

Oct 28, 2013
You don't choose to be gay, you're born with it.

Technically if you really wanted too you could choose to like the same sex - why do you think we have bisexuals? I do not believe that people are born being gay, I believe they have that choice.

Just my opinion.

Quackster

a devbest user says what
Aug 22, 2010
Technically if you really wanted too you could choose to like the same sex - why do you think we have bisexuals? I do not believe that people are born being gay, I believe they have that choice.

Just my opinion.

This proves your argument is invalid, you don't choose to be gay, you know if you like male or female from as young as 5 years old. Bisexuals are a joke.

In saying this, there is nothing wrong with homosexuality and people should be able to choose who they want to marry.

Dzetki

The Prodigal Son Returns
Jul 16, 2010

Just my opinion.
As if anyone would choose a life of bullying. We all know there's far too many assholes out there, hating on them. Most of them has the same belief as you, saying they can "choose to be gay". It's all in their HORMONES. It's natural, all of it. If you do not believe that, then that's up to you, but please read up on human hormones/anatomy before posting posts such as that. Then again, in a way you're right. They could choose not to be happy by choosing not to like their own sex. They would likely not turn out happy either way due to thoughts like yours.
Would you ever go say; "Hey! I feel like I haven't been put down enough in my life so I'll go be gay and get harassed or bet up by assholes"? Highly doubt it.

Users who are viewing this thread