Force the new Facebook header (with Graph search).

NSA

sudo apt-get thefuckout.tar.gz
Dec 9, 2011
Hey guys,

I've been waiting a while to be able to try out the new Graph search, however... it seems like it was taking forever. I was on the BETA list for a long time and some of my friends who weren't even on the list got it before I did. I found a way you can force the new header, with the graph search bar for using search queries like "Friends who play [Game]" or "Friends who listen to [Music]".

For those who don't already have it, but want it, here's how you can force it.

Find the link that let's you change your language, it can be found at the bottom of the page or at the right hand side at the bottom of "Recommended pages" etc...

If you're in the UK, change it from "English UK" to "English US".
The header bar should change to the new style after the page has refreshed.
I was reading about Graph search and Facebook said that everyone in the US already had it, so I tried changing it to English US and voila.

Mee

May 4, 2012
I got the new header a couple of days ago. Waiting for the new Facebook newsfeed (facebook.com/newsfeed). Some of my friends already have it and they didn't even sigh up to "try it out first" and I did and still haven't got it ;l

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
eww that header looks horrible.
The longer i don't have it, the better

It just looks unappealing to me

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
Not a massive fan of this header to be honest. It looks like a quick job and the only thing they've truly worked on is the graph search. Also, waiting on the entire layout to change to see what that is like.

Users who are viewing this thread