Force not to save cache

daanvanderuit

Jan 23, 2014
Hey guys,
I've got quite a complicated thingy here.
I was wondering, if there is a way that I can let the site force not to save cache. That way I want to prevent that all my users have to clean their cache before seeing changes in I.E. External Variables, External Texts, new furni etc.

I was thinking maybe a php script'll do, but after some research, that did not seem to work.

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
Couldn't you do this through Cloudflare for certain files? But yeah, like Jay said, it would have to re-load everything as nothing is saved.

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
What I would suggest is turning Cloudflare Cache Settings to keep their cache for 2 hours. This would allow you to post an update -> and 2 hours later they will be visible.

Another option would be to help them install this add by posting a tutorial in the news:

They install this on chrome, click it and reload the client and their cache will be cleared for them. Simple and Fast and will allow you to have good client load times.

However; You could turn DEVELOPMENT mode on cloudflare and this will cause Cloudflare to not cache their files but they would still have to clear their cache from their session..

daanvanderuit

Jan 23, 2014
What I would suggest is turning Cloudflare Cache Settings to keep their cache for 2 hours. This would allow you to post an update -> and 2 hours later they will be visible.

Another option would be to help them install this add by posting a tutorial in the news:

They install this on chrome, click it and reload the client and their cache will be cleared for them. Simple and Fast and will allow you to have good client load times.

However; You could turn DEVELOPMENT mode on cloudflare and this will cause Cloudflare to not cache their files but they would still have to clear their cache from their session..
Thanks a lot, this is what I was looking for. I am glad that there are so many smart people like you here on Devbest ;p

Users who are viewing this thread