First webdesign

Replex

May 23, 2014
Hi, i like to design so i tried to made a web design.

Rate it!

UMN4.png

Wickd

The first member of the Knights of the Pink Table
Jan 15, 2013
This is awesome,looks both cool and professional.Only thing i don't like are the promo bullets

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
I can't make out whether I like it or not. I like the colours though.

One thing I definitely dislike is the carousel at the top, the green doesn't look good on that image, of course people will change the image, but I'd give the text some text-shadow to make it stand out, or even add an overlay with a dim opacity so the text looks sharper

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
I can't figure out if this is actual decent or not - no offense.

It's like you've seen a site you have liked and you have attempted to mimic it or just follow a similar structure. The idea behind it I think it quite nice, it's got a modern 'flow' about it but the way in which you've created this looks odd.
  • The navigation isn't my style (personally I think there is too much padding-top but I guess it doesn't look to bad actually)
  • The carousel feels to big and in your face, your site looks minimal so try and make this minimal as well - you could achieve this by reducing the size of the arrows and boxes to navigate through the image. Also by reducing the text and maybe aligning it and added some darker text shadow so it stands out
  • The paragraph text seems to be just placed there, almost as if you got lazy. Try center aligning it and make the sub-title slightly darker to help improve the contrast - either this or add two columns to fill out the space more.
  • "trusted by" it looks like the sub-title but it's used in a different way, this just looks odd. Change the styling/formatting of it someway to it flows better.
Anyway, for a first design it's pretty good. Maybe considering what others put in the thread will help you improve. Keep on updating and showing us what it's like :)

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
This design is a hell of a lot better than my first webdesign! You have potential, but your design is sending mixed signals. Possibly try to reduce the differences between your text. For instance one text area could be twice as big as another.

SmartInc

Jun 8, 2014
I Like this design,
One thing i would say to change is the text on the image.
Maybe the color or you could add a Stroke, 1-3px, 40% opacity so the text stands out or you can see it clearly.
Same with the Arrows for the slideshow. Maybe add an inner shadow to give the effect of them being engraved.

Also the image looks a little too stretched.
Make sure it's evenly transformed so it looks clean and will catch eyes.

The slide-points look too big too.
Center them and just make them all evenly smaller.

Users who are viewing this thread