FindRetros validate api

liamatfrost

Apr 4, 2016
Quick question really, is validate.php?user=myUser&ip=myIp trusted? Because recently its been returning that the user has not voted when I have clearly seen them vote..

Any ideas? thanks..

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
Should it be working properly? Yes. If you see anything that is working in an unusual fashion, please report it, and I'll look into it.

liamatfrost

Apr 4, 2016
@bigdawg I've had reports that a few users can only vote when on VPN's, and the findretros validate is still returning 3 after voting if they vote on their real IP.

My voting system:
pastebin /Zg6NUrDs

Last edited:

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
You can have them use to get the IP that FindRetros is given when they make a connection to our server. I'd love to know if it's different than their normal IP, or if it's different than the one they have when connecting to your website.

As for the script itself, I don't see anything inherently wrong with it.

Last edited:

liamatfrost

Apr 4, 2016
@bigdawg Had one of the people who was receiving the error check the IP.php and the IP.php I made on my site.. On your site it gives them some kind of mac address (the one below)..

2605:a000:be05:4500:7055:b19e:1bf1:ee57

And on my site it gives them an IP? any help..

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
The issue is that you don't have IPv6 setup on your server, so when connecting to your website it defaults to IPv4, causing a confusion as you're checking a different IP via the API.

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
I have no idea what host you use, it could be as simple as asking them how to support IPv6 if you're managed. If not, a good place to start would be Google.

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
Do you use CloudFlare? If so, enabling may do the trick. I assume it'll give you their IPv6 address via the HTTP_CF_CONNECTING_IP header, instead of their IPv4 address.

Rain

c
Mar 13, 2015
Do you use CloudFlare? If so, enabling may do the trick. I assume it'll give you their IPv6 address via the HTTP_CF_CONNECTING_IP header, instead of their IPv4 address.
Why not add support for IPv4 on findretros?

JynX

Posting Freak
Feb 6, 2016
I had issues with this too and ended up removing my site from findretros until I can sort it out.

Users who are viewing this thread