Enchant.moe - An anime group watch project.

Jian

Resident Weeb
Contributor
Sep 2, 2011
Hey, I'm back with a new project to show you guys.

I've recently had an interest in AWS services (specifically S3) and the , so I decided to start on a project which used those two services. A real-time live stream of random anime episodes. As my country is starting to implement a lockdown due to the coronavirus, I've decided to put this up online. Of course, this is just a prototype and it's very much in development.

The Livestream
Like Icecast, the system creates a live playlist consisting of random media files that can be played through a compatible (HLS) player. But in this case, it does video instead of audio.

Others
Additionally, it has a very limited selection of anime series right now as it takes time to re-encode an entire series into separate resolutions and put them up on S3 for the live stream.

Currently, the live stream has resolution options for 720p and 1080p as well as a chat. Users will have to be logged in to chat.

There are, of course, more features like an request an episode to be played, but it is currently only available for the admin usergroup.

Link:

I hope you guys like it! if you have any questions about this project, feel free to ask.

Last edited:

Adil

DevBest CEO
May 28, 2011
you always disappear and then reappear a few months later with some funky shit

do you use cloudfront at all?

Jian

Resident Weeb
Contributor
Sep 2, 2011
you always disappear and then reappear a few months later with some funky shit

do you use cloudfront at all?
I'm actually using another service called which is compatible with the S3 API, but without the bandwidth cost.
Post automatically merged:

I have uploaded the backend service onto Github if anyone wants to start their own.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread