Emulators?

wertyy1337

Apr 27, 2021
I’m new to retros and thinking of setting one up but i’m a bit confused by all the different cms and emulators out there, can anyone help me understand? I would like to do a bit of coding/customizing my own server, maybe in js or c# not sure yet. Any specific emulator that is easier to work with than others? What code are they built in and are they a hassle to work with? And how would I go about starting out? Appreciate all the answers thanks

SageSaga

SageSaga#5065
Aug 30, 2020
I’m new to retros and thinking of setting one up but i’m a bit confused by all the different cms and emulators out there, can anyone help me understand? I would like to do a bit of coding/customizing my own server, maybe in js or c# not sure yet. Any specific emulator that is easier to work with than others? What code are they built in and are they a hassle to work with? And how would I go about starting out? Appreciate all the answers thanks
Arcturus Morningstar. PlusEMU might be a little hassle as you need to know what you're doing to really use it, but for MS it's not that difficult. Most of the things you need to do is through SQL in my opinion. Though you have to make sure your CMS is compatible with MS before attempting to compile it or you're wasting your time.

wertyy1337

Apr 27, 2021
Arcturus Morningstar. PlusEMU might be a little hassle as you need to know what you're doing to really use it, but for MS it's not that difficult. Most of the things you need to do is through SQL in my opinion. Though you have to make sure your CMS is compatible with MS before attempting to compile it or you're wasting your time.
Arcturus is the easiest solution and works out of the box with little to no configuration.

Best of luck.
Alright will check that out, do I need a CMS for that one? Can all the emulators use all the CMS's or are there certain ones that fit with eachother?

SageSaga

SageSaga#5065
Aug 30, 2020
Alright will check that out, do I need a CMS for that one? Can all the emulators use all the CMS's or are there certain ones that fit with eachother?
Certain ones that fit each other. Just remember to check, goodluck! And Arcturus Morningstar best fit because there are still Developers around helping you when questions arise like Krews.

Users who are viewing this thread