Do games lead to people becoming more violent?

Do games lead people to become more violent?

• Total voters

Owen

Mar 20, 2013
This is a tough debate, would be great for all you gamers on here. Do video games lead people to become more violent?​

Yes? No? Maybe? Dont Know?

I think that I agree with video games leading people becoming more violent, especially teenagers playing games like Call of Duty & FIFA 15. Games like COD and FIFA require skill in some bits and that can lack in some people which could annoy them. When it keeps happening they could develop an violent mood by throwing their controllers, smashing tv, etc. But there is a disagreement in me because I know that people become violent if they let the game control their life, it sounds wierd and stupid but its true, if you play the same game everyday you are going to repeat the process so if that game makes you angry or your just not that good at it then don't play the game, try something more smoother to your leveling then try again on those challenging games.

What do you guys think?

DoctorIlluminati

Allahu God
Mar 24, 2015
Not really, games lead to self-reliability, more aware and more alert - If anything, Games teach someone how to survive on yourself, Scientists have proven Games are infact good, using Games as an excuse for being violents just destroys the rest of us.

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
No do they fuck. It's just insane, mental people who can't control themselves then old people blame games like GTA and CoD. Dickheads.

Legion

Gaming Lord
Staff member
Nov 23, 2011
I feel like Call of Duty and other games can be a way to vent out their anger and express it without harming others. Have there been cases that it could, yes. But that doesn't mean every kid who plays CS:GO will become a terrorist who will blow some bombs up.

Quackster

a devbest user says what
Aug 22, 2010
Nope.

The person who shoots up a school always has an underlying mental condition which was neglected when they were younger.

Obbex

Aug 19, 2014
I do not agree with this to be honest. Ya.. I am going to rob a bank after playing GTA 5.. please..

Mayhem

Cold as ice.
Apr 18, 2015
It's true you know, I used to play a wonderful game called Assassins Creed. Next thing I knew I was doing contracts for drug dealers, killing off other drug dealers ya know. I even changed my name to Etzio and I got hired to assassinate the president.

Stay away from all games.

Snappy

^^^^UpHosting^^^^
Aug 29, 2013
Okay tbh I think it does, so I had this friend he was cool nice no temper what so ever I remember the first time he got xbox live we played bo1 ever since then he has been addicted playing all the new games that come out and this led him to have anger issues, I was round his house and he wouldn't even let me play and instead preferred talking to his 'online friends'. He now rages at people very easily and has become an all out dickhead. Maybe the fact hes a only child and probably has no one to go out and play football or activities with.

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
I don't even get how someone could say games cause violence. Violence is caused by the indecency of people to control their actions, and inability to actually cope with stress.

Crimzr

Do somethin' for a boss
Apr 12, 2015
This is not true at all. Video games do NOT lead to violence. If you want to harm someone else and kill them you are messed up in the head. Video games are just an excuse and a way to vent out anger without physical or verbally abusing someone, face-to-face at least.

Users who are viewing this thread