[Development] FreeProxy - Proxy Panel for retros

Status
Not open for further replies.

Core

Nov 10, 2016
FreeProxy
Information
My aim is to construct an advanced proxy manager which is designed around Habbo retros. Some of the things which I would like to incorporate are ~ real time statistics, transparent layer, plugin modules, restful api, firewall, black listing and white listing. It's going to be a completely free service once completed but will be limited to fair use. Of course upon request, the fair use can be expanded if you a more intensive retro ~ by default each proxy will be limited to around 250 concurrent connections.

Progression
Completed,
In Progress,
Not started

Features
  • Automatic updating ~ The proxy will automatically update your information within seconds without dropping any existing connections on your proxy or all others. Originally using the default configuration there is a high chance of connections being dropped but I know a way around this.
  • RESTful API ~ Advanced API allowing you to fetch and put data. For example getting basic statistics real time stats about your proxy or updating your server IP and port remotely. The idea for this was originally going to be for reselling ~ I will likely implement reselling into the panel but will not be used.
  • Transparent ~ For some reasons proxy providers have never done this and I don't understand why as the actual clients IP can be used for extra security. The point of a reverse proxy is to provide security, so why would you want to remove existent security to implement it? It also allows you to use the traditional commands like ip ban without having to pull last_ip from database. Most retro cms insert last_ip based on the IP which cloudflare passes in header (over the remote addr), if you don't use cloudflare then you can easily insert a fake header with whatever IP you want.
  • Firewall ~ Allowing you to set some basic rules which will drop connections or packets if they meet a bad criteria. For example if a user continually submits the sso check packet then it will drop the connection - stops brute force etc. Personally I just check to follow client to check that they follow the actual handshake but still prevents spam. Can also drop packets if they exceed a length or empty.
  • Live statistics ~ Provides live and past data on the proxy for example peaks in connections, etc. Currently I have done a lot such as viewing connections, bandwidth in and out (as well as clean bandwidth), proxy uptime (since last reload) and so on. However, I want to implemented more statistics such as obtaining data based on clients already connected - requires me to do a little research to figure out where it's stored and if it's worth doing. Cron scripts could do with a little bit of work as well though for existing stats.
  • Whitelist/Blacklist ~ Allows for you to black list and white list IPs. Those which are white listed will not be passed through the proxy firewall, etc. Those which are black listed will not be able to connect at all ~ instantly dropping the connection. It will be implemented into API so you could possibly run it as ip bans if you don't feel confident on your existing solution. Can use ip ranges as well if needed.
  • Interface ~ The actual interface hasn't been started, but will contain everything listed above and will be main form of proxy management. I focus mainly on back end at the moment as front end doesn't really bother me lol. However, I already have a template system, etc. which has been coded.
This will be a very very slow development as it's far from my priority at the moment but the old version is set up if anyone wants a free proxy ~ old version literally has 0 features cause i cba setting up scripts on the proxy servers.

Brad

Jun 5, 2012
Thread has been moved here, doesn't really support development thread as it's more or less a service, once it's ready anyway.

JynX

Posting Freak
Feb 6, 2016
Good luck with this, I don't see why it's in the Habbo Help & Support section though?? But nevertheless good luck with this it may help people in the future. :)

Brad

Jun 5, 2012
Good luck with this, I don't see why it's in the Habbo Help & Support section though?? But nevertheless good luck with this it may help people in the future. :)
Doesn't really belong anyway tbh, it's not a release nor does it match the criteria for Development section. It's placed here because it's technically 'support' for those who want proxies etc.

Core

Nov 10, 2016
Doesn't really belong anyway tbh, it's not a release nor does it match the criteria for Development section. It's placed here because it's technically 'support' for those who want proxies etc.

I am baffled. This is a development of a proxy panel design specifically for Habbo Retros. Not a support thread?

Pinkman

Posting Freak
Jul 27, 2016
@Core I am coding you a new skin for this so it saves you time :) I won't be implanting MySQL into this because you might have another method?

SOUL

┼ ┼ ┼
Nov 10, 2015
@Core I am coding you a new skin for this so it saves you time :) I won't be implanting MySQL into this because you might have another method?

Hey man stop saying you're coding shit for people inbefore you ask it's rather insulting and rude at least ask

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
I am baffled. This is a development of a proxy panel design specifically for Habbo Retros. Not a support thread?

It was my call not to have it in that section, as it goes against the section rules ( ). We had a discussion and didn't want to throw your thread away, as its a really good purpose.

So we came to the conclusion to move it here, however I've just seen a similar thread in the development section that has been approved (not by me) and it acts in a similar fashion, no release but an API. Due to this, I'll move your thread back to there.

We made this decision because we know that others may take advantage if they see a thread in there that isn't be released, its happened in the past.

Pinkman

Posting Freak
Jul 27, 2016
Hey man stop saying you're coding shit for people inbefore you ask it's rather insulting and rude at least ask
Excuse me? If you saw his other post you might understand a bit? He is mainly backend developer for this and I am a web developer hence why I am doing a skin for him because his focus is on backend?

EDIT:

Zaka

Programmer
Feb 9, 2012
Excuse me? If you saw his other post you might understand a bit? He is mainly backend developer for this and I am a web developer hence why I am doing a skin for him because his focus is on backend?

EDIT:
He didn't mention you anywhere that you are making anything for him, you just came up with it all by yourself.

Pinkman

Posting Freak
Jul 27, 2016
He didn't mention you anywhere that you are making anything for him, you just came up with it all by yourself.
I didn't say he mentioned me anywhere? I'm just doing by it for him due to the fact that I have done this project before (similar) and he is doing it now so I can help him a bit if he needs? When I saw his skin last time ngl but it was dreadful as he is focusing on backend so I might as well lend him a help on front end.

SOUL

┼ ┼ ┼
Nov 10, 2015
I didn't say he mentioned me anywhere? I'm just doing by it for him due to the fact that I have done this project before (similar) and he is doing it now so I can help him a bit if he needs? When I saw his skin last time ngl but it was dreadful as he is focusing on backend so I might as well lend him a help on front end.

He didn't invite you to join his project though. Just because one can play football doesn't give them the right to join a random team

Zaka

Programmer
Feb 9, 2012
What we are trying to tell you, is that you invited yourself to the project. You need to get approval from @Core before you can join the development

Core

Nov 10, 2016
Proxies are now fully transparent - they send the original ip along with request data is send in a data objected then broken away from original packet data using a carriage return. Reason for using json? Simple parsing of the data in any language - currently wrote a small lib for plus and arctus to allow it to work. Obviously there will be an option to turn transparency off for people who don't understand how to set it up. However, I will help people if needs be.

Brad

Jun 5, 2012
Thread has been closed due to no activity for more than 14 days. If you wish to have this re-opened please PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread