Show DevBest [DEV] Yes or No? (yesorno.biz)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
Hello!

Currently I am working on a new project, named Yes or No. You might have seen some threads for example a logo for it, and some people even came up with some questions for the site already.

Anyhow, I am currently nearing the end of the development phase, and I thought let's give you all a sneak preview with opinions on the website before it opens. If you have any ideas, or some good questions for the website, don't hesitate to reply or even PM me!

Screenshots:
Logged in view of a question -
After making a vote (also includes the categories) -
Attempting to re-vote within 12 hours -

What is Yes or No?
On Yes or No, you will get asked questions which of course, can be answered with yes or no only. There are a variety of categories from which you can get questions (feel free to suggest new ones), and all of them differ from each other. We have a system in place to prevent duplicate questions, so you will get every question only once! The only exception to this is that you can re-answer questions every 12 hours. People can submit new questions at any time, which builds up to our list of questions, which will ensure you don't get bored of the same question over and over!

I currently don't have any ideas for a question, but I might think of one later when the website is up!
This is no problem at all! Because most of the questions will be user generated. You can submit a question to our website, and we will accept or reject the question. As said before, we have a system in place for duplicate questions, so if your question does get rejected this might be because it is very similar to an existing question in our database.

Do I need a account?
No, registration is not mandatory however it does allow you extra features (such as the ability to suggest new questions). You can still use Yes or No without an account.
So if you don't feel like registering - you don't have to! But don't worry, if you do register, the small amount of data we do store, will never be given to 3rd parties, and remains in our possession only. Privacy, people, it's important!

Your feedback is essential!
Of course we always listen to the users - so if you have a idea, criticism, or anything else which might help us out, please send me a message so I can review it! Once the website is open, and you find a bug, you can also use the contact page. We will also have information stored on the F.A.Q. page!

I see a question which I find offensive, what do I do?
We want questions to be funny, and sometimes someone has a different view on 'funny'. We want our users to be free in what they submit, but this is to a certain extent. If a question is really hurtful, racist, or just really crosses a line, you can report the question to our moderation team. Though every question submission does get reviewed before it becomes public, sometimes a question can slip through. Once you report it, it will be reviewed again and if needed, removed from the public.

I will be using this thread for updates etc. So keep an eye on it! Like I said before, I'd appreciate feedback. There is currently not a set ETA on the opening. I will keep you updated about it in here.

Thanks!
Kyle (Kaz)

Edit:
Sample question ideas

Would you sell you sister for £100,000?
Would you eat your own poo if it was the only 'food' left on the planet?

Last edited:

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
Nice one man, nice to the thread finally up and running. I've been following this development for some time now (including giving you around 100+ questions ;p).

Anyways, I'll be signing up and probably using it a fair bit. Look forward to giving ideas and suggestions - if needed.

*cough* my template ;)

Jayseanp

Soooo Bored!
Oct 26, 2013
Good luck with this i like the overall idea however ofc you will need to add more features. But looks really good. Have fun with it!

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
Will it be mobile friendly?
This version i'm afraid it wont be, however in time if it does become actively used I will look into the likes of PhoneGap and make a mobile version

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
I've seen the website on teamviewer at Kyle, and it looks really great. I've been helping him ironing some small things out, and making the thread. Kyle always makes great ideas (if he actually 100% finishes them, lol). Can't wait for official opening.

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
(if he actually 100% finishes them, lol)
I get bored and move on lmao, think Meme was the only finished project and even that I rushed so I could start on something else which I ended up not finishing lmao.
But on a serious note this project will be finished

Donkjam

Professional Moderator
Contributor
Nov 20, 2010
This version i'm afraid it wont be, however in time if it does become actively used I will look into the likes of PhoneGap and make a mobile version

It's all about getting it out there I guess, thought about implementing it into a Facebook page/app thing? Then maybe make it post to timelines like 'Jamie just answered yes on yesorno etc

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
I get bored and move on lmao, think Meme was the only finished project and even that I rushed so I could start on something else which I ended up not finishing lmao.
But on a serious note this project will be finished
Fucking better be. If not, give it to Wess ;p

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
Fucking better be. If not, give it to Wess ;p
Don't worry it will, I also think once its live, Wess will be involved a bit more (if he wants to be)

It's all about getting it out there I guess, thought about implementing it into a Facebook page/app thing? Then maybe make it post to timelines like 'Jamie just answered yes on yesorno etc
Funnily enough me and Wess had a discussion earlier today regarding this.
If it does become used then a facebook app and mobile apps will be made for it. I have already created the namespace on facebook so I have reserved the name for the app once (if) it gets to that stage

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
This is actually a really good idea. Reminds me of Hot or Not, but ya know xD. The design for it is the only flaw.

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
Thats where I got inspiration from, however yourather is different to mine.

Would you rather :
eat chocolate
or
drink beer

Mine is:
Would you blah blah...
Yes
or
No

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
I wouldn't bother making it an app. The idea is simple, just make a smartphone friendly version of the website. Can't see it being too hard

Good luck with this. Any sneak peeks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread