Decent, Affordable VPS Hosting for Habbo Retro?

Dec 7, 2016
I've setup a Habbo Retro in the past but It was only for me and a few friends so the VPS was cheap and I never really became concerned about it being reported or shut down.

That was a few years ago and I'm considering hosting another but this time have it available to everyone, so I've got a few questions.

Could you recommend any Decent, Affordable VPS Hosting Providers that won't shut-down the Hotel?

I'm aware that it's illegal to host a Retro Hotel but what are the specific rules around this? I mean, clearly some Retro Hotels are well known but they're still standing, how come?

MayoMayn

BestDev
Oct 18, 2016
Well I use . Quite expensive compared to other companies since their servers are placed in Denmark, but they got really fasy servers among cheap DDoS protection with 500gb for 50 DKK (8$)

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Abden

Feb 1, 2017
Well I use wwwDOTssdvpsDOTdk expensive compared to other companies since their servers are placed in Denmark, but they got really fasy servers among cheap DDoS protection with 500gb for 50 DKK (8$)

Hello, thank you for sharing this host.

I've considered hosting a retro hotel for quite some time now and finally decided to do it.

I'm from Denmark so a Danish host would be optimal. Are you hosting a hotel at ssdvps.dk and can you recommend it for such purpose?

Which package would you recommend If so? I've notcied that they don't have unlimited bandwith and well.. It's a Danish Company so i'm quite worried about the legal terms of creating one within Denmark. I was hosting one some years ago and had to close it due to Sulake not wanting "pirate" servers.

MayoMayn

BestDev
Oct 18, 2016
Hello, thank you for sharing this host.

I've considered hosting a retro hotel for quite some time now and finally decided to do it.

I'm from Denmark so a Danish host would be optimal. Are you hosting a hotel at ssdvps.dk and can you recommend it for such purpose?

Which package would you recommend If so? I've notcied that they don't have unlimited bandwith and well.. It's a Danish Company so i'm quite worried about the legal terms of creating one within Denmark. I was hosting one some years ago and had to close it due to Sulake not wanting "pirate" servers.
I use the second package with their Arms anti DDoS, its probably one of the fastest hosting services in Europe, bear in mind their support are a bit slow, but I'm actually pretty happy with the service.

There's nothing called unlimited lol, and you're not even close to use 2TB bandwith within a month.

If you used CloudFlare, then thats one of the reasons why Sulake might've found out, since they cooperate with each other.

Hook me up with a private message and I'll help you out.

Zaka

Programmer
Feb 9, 2012
I will once again, as always, recommend Hostsavor, some people have had their issues with them, but they are probably kids and can't handle it when shit goes wrong. Personally I've had no issues with them and if there has been any issue they have gladly solved it for me pretty quickly. Also with hostsavor you wont get shutdown just like that for hosting a retro, this hosting provider actually has some things made for retros, for example, he is working on a new proxy panel which eases the retro owners workload (if you can call it that).

Otherwise there is also another hosting provider, xznetworks or porthosts. Both seem to have some kind of work going on atm tho.

Users who are viewing this thread